Installation error 1722
Windows Installer is an integrated component of Windows used to install, remove, and manage software on a computer system. When your Windows Installer is faulty, you will not be able to install software that is really frustrating. A system is not good if it is not able to install new things on the software for its own benefit.
The Windows Installer error 1722 is an error that cancels the installation of your software. In addition, you will not be able to remove any software from your system. This error may appear when Windows starts, and then stop. Your system may hang for a few seconds, the response time of your mouse or keyboard will be affected, etc. To avoid such a series of events, we have mentioned some solutions that will help you solve the problem.
Invalid / corrupt registry entries. If your registry is corrupted due to a recent change to the software, install or uninstall what is related to Windows Installer Incomplete installation. This error may be due to an incomplete software installation for Windows Installer. The following are possible solutions to correct error 1722.
Method 1: Fix Using Advanced System Repair
Most of the reasons that Windows Installer failed are corrupt or damaged system files such as dll files, exe files, system files, and so on. If any of the files are overwritten, deleted, or corrupted, you may get error 1722 from the Windows installation package.
Download and install Advanced System Repair Tool and analyze your PC. It has a large database with 25 million files. It will find all damaged or deleted system files and reinstall them with the new one. After you have optimized with Advanced System Repair Tool, try installing the installation package.
Method 2: Restart Windows Installer Services
- Click Start> Run. Type "Services.msc" without the quotation marks and press Enter.
- Locate Windows Installer and double-click it.
- Set the boot type of the Windows Installer to manual. 4. Click Start to start the services and click OK.
Method 3: ReRegister the Windows Installer
- Close all the current program.
- Open the Run command. Go to Start> Run and type "msiexec / unregister" (without the quotation marks) and click OK. It will unregister the Windows installation services.
- Open the Run command again, type "msiexec / regserver" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
- Restart your computer and you will not receive error 1722.
Method 4: Renamed Machine Key folder. This method works on Windows Server 2012 R2
- Rename the C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Crypto \ RSA \ MachineKeys folder to MachineKeys.old
- Re-create the folder C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Crypto \ RSA \ MachineKeys
- Moved from C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Crypto \ RSA \ MachineKeys.old to C: \ Temp \
- Restart the installer