AirPlay is one of the most revolutionary features of Apple. This allows you to wireless play content from one iOS device to another. For example, you can use AirPlay to connect your iPhone or Mac and Apple TV to the same local Wi-Fi network. Once connected, you can easily read the content of your apps on the iOS device on your Apple TV. But as with all other iOS features, sometimes AirPlay may not work for reasons we’ll see soon. If Airplay does not work as it should, this article will share with you some simple solutions on iPad Apple TV Airplay Problem that you can try.
If you are wondering why AirPlay does not work, know that there are several reasons for this. One of the main reasons airplay does not work on Mac or any other iOS device is the network. For AirPlay to work properly, each connected device must be on the same network. If one of the devices can not connect for one reason or another, AirPlay will not work. The good news is that these issues are easily solved by some troubleshooting solutions described in this article.
Solution 1: Make sure that your devices are on and nearby
- Make sure your AirPlay compatible devices are turned on. If your Apple TV is in standby mode and uses Ethernet, reactivate your Apple TV with the remote.
- Make sure your AirPlay-enabled device is near the device you’re trying to stream from. If you can not connect to an AirPlay device, try to approach it and try again.
- To play sound over multiple speakers with AirPlay 2, make sure your speakers are compatible with AirPlay 2.
Solution 2: Connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Also, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Apple TV: Go to Settings > Network. If your Apple TV uses Ethernet, check that the cable is plugged into the router that you use for Wi-Fi.
- Mac: Click in the menu bar.
- HomePod: HomePod uses the same Wi-Fi network as the iOS device it was set up with. If your iOS device is in range of HomePod and connected to a different Wi-Fi network, HomePod will show an alert in the Home app that says “Wi-Fi Network.” To connect HomePod to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS device, open the Home app, press and hold HomePod, tap Settings, then tap “Move HomePod to [Wi-Fi network]” at the top of the screen.
Solution 3: Update the Firmware on Both Devices
- If AirPlay still does not work, you can update the firmware on both the iOS device and the Apple TV. Follow these steps to update the firmware on your Apple TV.
- Go to Settings> System> Software Updates and choose “Update Software”.
- If an update is available, select “Download and install” and wait while the update is being downloaded by Apple TV.
- Once the download is complete, the Apple TV can restart.
- Follow these steps to update the firmware on your iOS device.
- Connect the iPhone or iPad to a power source and a secure Wi-Fi network.
- Now go to Settings> General> Software Update.
- If there is an update, press “Download and Install”. Leave the device connected until the end of the process.