iTunes Error 4013
The iTunes error 4013/4014 (or the iPhone 4013/4014 error) is a hardware-related error, mainly due to a faulty cable or port. To put it simply, the error is due to connectivity issues between your PC / Mac and iDevice. Although there are other iTunes errors such as iTunes 9, 17 17, and 3014 errors, the solution is almost similar to this error.
The iTunes 4013/4014 error may be caused by the following reasons:
- When upgrading from iOS to the latest version
- iTunes is not installed correctly.
- Interruption of USB connection due to damaged ports, defective cable, etc.
- Wi-Fi signals are not good
Therefore, it is commonly called iTunes Error 4013.
Restart your iPhone / iPad
- Disconnect your iPhone from the computer and reboot it. To do this, press and hold the Home and Standby / Sleep buttons for about ten seconds. On models 7 and 7 Plus, hold down the volume down button and pause / wake up immediately.
- Once your iPhone has restarted, connect it back to the computer. Now, try to update / restore as usual.
Check the cable
A faulty cable is the most common cause of iTunes 4013 error. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Use another cable to connect your PC / Mac to your iPhone / iPad.
- If the iTunes 4013 error does not appear when using another cable, it means that your previous cable was defective. Dump and get a new one.
Check the port
A bad port is also a common cause of iTunes 4013 error. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Try another port on your PC / Mac to connect your iPhone / iPad.
- If the iTunes 4013 error does not appear when you try another port, it means that your previously used port is faulty and you need to have it repaired.
Check the Wifi network
A poor or slow Wi-Fi network may also cause the iTunes 4013 error. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Disconnect Wi-Fi from your computer and your iPhone.
- Wait a little while
- Now try to connect them to the network.
- If you still have problems, try to connect to another wifi network, if necessary.
Update your devices and iTunes
As mentioned above, your iTunes and devices need to be updated to avoid this error. Follow these steps to solve the problem:
- Update your iTunes with the latest version. The update will also fix the problem if your iTunes is corrupted for any reason.
- Update your PC / Mac with its latest version of the operating system.
- Use the last cable you have.
Reset all settings
Incorrectly configured settings can also lead to the iTunes 4013 error. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Restart your iPhone / iPad.
- Now go to Settings.
- Then go to General Settings.
- Then click on Reset.
- Click Reset all settings and enter your password to confirm your decision.
Use Dr. fone- Repair Toolkit
If none of the things mentioned above worked, you still should not panic. You can simply use this great third-party tool to fix the iTunes 4013 error. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Download and install Dr. fone-Repair Toolkit on your Windows PC from here.
- When the installation is complete, run Dr. fone-Repair Toolkit and click Repair.
- Connect your device to the computer with a cable. Dr.fone will immediately detect your device and you can then click Start.
- Follow the instructions on Dr.fone and start your iPhone in DFU mode.
- Dr.fone will identify your iOS device and version, then automatically detect the latest firmware. All you have to do is click on Download. The download will take a while, depending on your internet connection.
- Once the download is done, the software will automatically check for any problems detected on your device and resolve it. You will soon receive a message stating that "OS repair is complete."