iTunes Error 8003
The iTunes 8003 error can be caused by various reasons. It is therefore important to look for possible causes and solve them one by one. It may appear during program installation, when downloading files to iTunes, when starting or stopping Windows, or even when installing the Windows operating system, and so on.
The iTunes 8003 error is a common mistake that can occur when you download content (movie, song, video, etc.) into iTunes.
- Sometimes this annoying error occurs when you try to download a specific file through iTunes, but may also occur after the download has started.
- Some users reported that the 8003 error did not occur when downloading a specific file, but when they tried to download the additional content that came with the file.
- Loading the same additional content from another computer via iTunes also causes error 8003.
Method 1. Reboot Mac into Safe Mode
If the error is caused by third-party applications, you must start your computer in safe mode to resolve the problem.
- Turn off and then on Mac.
- During startup, hold down the Shift key until the Apple logo appears. Then release the keys.
- In the screen that appears, select Safe Mode and press Enter. Now, Mac will work in safe mode. Try emptying the trash. If you still can not perform this task, try the second method.
Method 2. Hold down the Option key while deleting the recycle bin
This is one of the easiest ways to fix error code 8003 on Mac. When you choose the Empty Trash option, you must hold down Option on the keyboard. Note that these actions must be performed simultaneously.
Method 3. Use shortcuts
This method may seem obvious. However, you should always try it. You can empty the recycle bin using your mouse and keyboard. So, if none of the above solutions has helped you, it's time to use the keyboard:
- Open the Trash
- Press Command + Option + Right Arrow on the keyboard.
- Press Command + A.
- Click Command + Option + Right Arrow again.
5.Click with the right mouse button on an empty space and choose the Empty Trash option.
Method 4. Execute command with Terminal
Terminal is a built-in applications that allows executing various command on Mac OS X. Executing a command might help to fix 8003 error too.
- Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal.
- In the appeared windows type this command: sudo rm -rf
- Hit Enter.
- Type your password if necessary.
- Then drag files in the Trash folder to the Terminal
- Click the Key button on the keyboard.
Method 5. Check File Security errors
Sometimes the reason behind Error Code 8003 is some file security issues. Therefore, you have to check the files you want to delete:
- Open the Trash
- Right-click a file you want to delete.
- Click File menu and go to Get Info.
- When File info dialog shows up, click the Sharing and Permissions
- Enable Read/ Write Permissions.
Once it’s done, you should be able to empty the trash without Mac error 8003.