About Kaspersky AntiVirus 2019
Kaspersky AntiVirus 2019 is the latest generation of popular and reliable malware hunters from Kaspersky Lab. The package uses several techniques to protect you. The core antivirus engine detects and blocks malware before it can touch your system; System Watcher uses behavioral monitoring to spot threats, even the most recent and unknown ones; and there are separate layers to protect you from network attacks, dangerous email objects, and malicious and phishing links.
Kaspersky Secure Connection, a simple VPN based on Hotspot Shield, is a set of bonuses. You can use it for free without registration, but an extremely low transfer limit of 200 MB per day means you’ll have trouble finding the right one. Upgrading to unlimited traffic costs $ 4.99 (at least $ 3.80) and may be good for some, but you do not have to buy Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2019 to use Secure Connection, it will not not influence your choice of antivirus. The 2019 version of Kaspersky does not contain any revolutionary changes, but there are several interesting improvements.
A smarter behavioral model uses machine learning to detect threats to their behavior without requiring rules written by malware analysts. Enhanced Windows integration can take advantage of Windows 10 security tools to enhance protection against a variety of attacks. New detection tricks allow Kaspersky to block outgoing requests to known malicious servers. Elsewhere, adware is now detected and removed by default, interface adjustments make it easy to see the status of your protection, and virtually every area of the package has been optimized to run faster and use fewer resources.
Setup of Kaspersky AntiVirus 2019
The installation process of Kaspersky is simple, streamlined and as fast as we have seen. The download links of the trial version are clearly highlighted on the website, the installer is tiny and asked us to accept the license agreement. We did not have a license and we did not give our email address to Kaspersky, but the installer did not care. All you needed to do was click on the “Activate Trial License” link and our setup of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2019 was ready for use.
Well, not quite ready. The dashboard warned us of a problem that turned out to be that signatures and program files needed to be updated. Most packages do this automatically during installation, but having full control is not necessarily a bad thing and you can launch a complete update in one click.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus had recovered approximately 275 MB of hard disk space and was running two core processes requiring a relatively light 90 MB RAM while running in the background. It is important that an antivirus can protect against malware. As a result, you completed your initial checks by performing some simple tests to determine if you could delete or disable Kaspersky files. The package does a good job of protection, though, and our attacks have not left more of a scratch than Kaspersky’s armor.
What’s new in Kaspersky Antivirus 2019:
- It is now possible to parse scripts using the AMSI interface (Antimalware Scan Interface). AMSI is a standard Microsoft interface for parsing scripts and other objects. The component can only detect a threat and report it, but it does not handle threats. The component is available in Microsoft Windows 10 or later.
- The analysis of encrypted connections has been improved. You can now choose actions for sites that have returned scan errors and add such sites to exclusions.
- It is now possible to disable the decryption of EV (Extended Validation) certificates.
- The Tools window has been improved. Application features are now categorized to help you find specific features faster.
- The notifications view has been improved. Notifications that are not critical for application performance are not displayed when the user is in full screen mode.
- The Recommended Settings window has been improved. The “Delete potentially infected objects” check box and the “Detect other software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data” check box have been added.