An offline error is common for all printers. No matter what brand, size or range of printers you use, this error is certain. There is no appropriate explanation for this error. It can tickle you from nowhere. When you press the Print button, a pesky message appears in the corner of the screen. Many things can lead to this error. You must check the connection, status, and spooler service to find the appropriate solution for this error. To resolve the Kodak Offline Printer Error, you must make sure that the cable or network you are using is stable and fault-free. A faulty network or connectivity is the root cause of this error. If you are using a USB printer, you must check both ends of the USB cables for stability. For a wireless connection, the strength of the router and the Internet provider must be strong and close.
An offline printer error is a source of frustration. It does not allow you to print or scan. And also make your printer perform well slowly. Here you can have some effective effective solutions to deal with this error. Read this blog or take help from Kodak Support Services to get to the root if you make a mistake.
Solution 1: Change your Kodak printer settings
- Go to Control Panel and open Printers to check if the printer is configured by default or not.
- Choose Show Printed Items after clicking the default printer.
- Remove the unfinished tasks from the list and choose Printers again.
- Disable the Use Printer Offline option and wait a few seconds.
- Check it again and make sure your printer is properly connected to your computer.
- Test the connection if you are using a network printer.
- Turn off and on your printer and your system.
- Finally, reinstall the printer driver to distribute the Kodak offline printer error.
Solution 2: Restart the Print Spooler Service
- Press Windows and the R button and hold them together to generate the run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the dialog box and click on the Enter button.
- Locate the Print Spooler service when the Services window appears.
- Restart it by right-clicking on it to resolve the Kodak Offline Printer Error.
Solution 3: Change the properties of the printer
- Access the Control Panel and click on Devices and Printers.
- Choose the properties of the printer by right-clicking the printer.
- Select the IP address of your printer in the Ports tab.
- Open the Configuration tab and deselect the enabled SNMP state.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes.
- First, you must click the Start button located on the left side of the laptop.
- Now, click Control Panel to choose Printers and Other Hardware.
- Choose the Kodak printer and click on View impressions.
- When a window opens, choose Kodak Printer and click Use Printer Online.
Delete all print jobs:
- When you open the View Prints menu, right-click the option and delete all print jobs.
- When you delete all print jobs, click Print Online again.
- Repeat your system again if there are still print jobs in the queue.
Reinstalling the Kodak Printer Driver:
- Under Printers and Drivers, choose Kodak Printers, and then click Remove Device.
- Select Add Printer to add a printer again.
- Next, go to All Programs by clicking the Start button.
- Now, click Accessories to choose a command prompt.
- Remove the driver and a package from the Kodak printer.