Lenovo Desktop Error 1962
There is a pretty well-known problem with Lenovo computers. This is the error 1962. The error 1962 appears when a Lenovo computer affected by this problem tries to boot. The 1962 error appears when the startup sequence fails and the computer fails to start. The error code is accompanied by the following error message: "No operating system found" The users concerned encounter the error 1962 in a rather random manner and do not present a uniform model. Some users see the error after an interval of 3 to 4 days, while others see it after intervals of an hour or two. In about half of the cases, when an affected user sees the error of 1962, he is able to start his computer after a few hours of waiting.
- Due to the faulty hard disk drive
- The corrupted Windows startup
- Incorrect BIOS settings can also cause the 1962 error.
- Due to the startup error
Try the given solution one by one to fix the error code 1962 in Windows 7/8/10.
Solution 1: Replace your Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
As noted, the PC error of 1962 is related to a malfunction or malfunction of the hard disk drive. Try here to remove the defective hard drive and connect it to another system to access the files and folders, and also confirm if it starts from the hard drive. However, if the new system fails to recognize and access the hard drive, it is clear that you get the error code 1962 - No operating system because of the defective hard drive and you need to replace it with the new.
But if the PC detects and accesses the hard drive, the possible cause of the error is a defective SATA cable. The SATA cable connects the hard drive to its motherboard. It is therefore recommended to replace it with a new one. Well, if you are a technical expert, do it yourself but otherwise, contact the computer engineer. If the hard drive cable and SATA cable are working properly, try the following steps to correct the 1962 error.
Solution 2: Change Boot Priority in BIOS
Another possible cause of the 1962 error is due to an incorrect setting in the BIOS. So, to solve the problem, change the boot priority in the PC BIOS. Follow the steps to do it:
- When the error 1962: No operating system found> hold down the "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" keys> to restart your PC.
- When starting, press the F12 key several times to start the BIOS setup when the configuration window appears> press Enter.
- Then, click the Startup tab> choose CSM> press Enter> choose On.
- LocateNow Locate Boot Priority> Press Enter> Change Current Legacy First Option to UEFI First.
- And press the F10 key> select YES and wait for the PC to restart.
And after restarting the PC, check whether the error of PC 1962 is resolved or not. But if not, the last solution is to perform a system restore in safe mode.
Solution 3: Run System Restore in Safe Mode
If the above solutions do not help you fix the Windows error code of 1962, the last solution is to perform a system restore in safe mode. In safe mode, Windows starts the PC with the base files and the drivers running. So try to restore the system to go back to a certain point before the error message appears at startup. Follow the given steps l
- Press the power button until the PC turns off> and press it again to turn on the machine.
- Now go to Run in Safe Mode> press Enter.
- Go to Start> Type System Restore> press Enter
- And follow the prompt to return to a certain period l
- Wait until the entire process is complete> reboot your system.