What is Lexmark Printer Airprint ?
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution included in Apple iOS v 4.2 and later mobile operating systems that provides a simple, straightforward print experience on a local network without the need to install a printer driver. Most new lexmarks come with features that print airprint. AirPrint is included in Apple’s iOS operating system. This is one of the simplest methods for printing from an iOS device without special software or applications.
You issue a print command on an iOS device and choose an AirPrint-compatible printer on a Wi-Fi network to which your device is also connected. Lexmark provides the experience and innovation to help you meet the printing needs of your users in a simple and hassle-free way for IT. By taking up your challenges with a complete set of tools and options. AirPrint features include easy discovery, automatic media selection, and professional finishing options. In enterprise environments, DNS records can be configured to allow your AirPrint printer to appear on other networks.
Important instruction for Lexmark Printer Airprint
- Make sure your printer and iOS device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network and reach before attempting to print.
- Wi-Fi printers may take several minutes to reach a Wi-Fi network after being activated. For more information on printing from an iOS device.
- Verify that the iOS device and the application from which you are printing are running the latest versions.
- Verify that the latest firmware version is installed on the AirPrint-compatible printer.
- Some features or functions of the printer may not be available when using AirPrint (for example, selecting different paper trays, red-eye reduction, brochure printing, etc.).
- AirPrint-compatible printers connected via Bluetooth or shared via a USB port on a Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule are NOT supported.
- Avoid connecting your printer to the USB port of Apple AirPort Base Stations or Time Capsules. This may allow traditional AirPort printing from a Mac, but not the AirPrint features for iOS devices.
- If you can not use a Wi-Fi network to connect an AirPrint-compatible printer, use an Ethernet connection from the AirPrint-compatible printer to the Apple AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule.
If you can’t print to your AirPrint Lexmark printer
Check these items if you can not print or “No AirPrint Printer Found”.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, make sure your device uses the latest version of iOS available and that the application from which you are printing is up to date.
- On your Mac, use Software Update to update OS X and the applications you purchased on the Mac App Store.
- Contact the manufacturer of your printer to see if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model.
- You can connect an AirPrint device to your network via a bridge or via a direct connection to your Wi-Fi network.
- AirPrint devices connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule do not use AirPrint. If your printer includes AirPrint, connect it directly to your Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet LAN port on your base station to print wirelessly.
- After turning on your printer, wait a few moments before attempting to print. Some printers may take a minute or two after being turned on before joining your network.
Features of Lexmark Printer Airprint
- Easy-to-use mobile apps to send documents directly to printers on your corporate network.
- Printed applications to access your documents from cloud services such as Google.
- Enterprise solutions that allow you to scale easily across multiple sites without investing in a new IT infrastructure.
- Customizable data capture and image solutions to simplify common workflow processes