Typically, a cartridge error appears because of a cartridge failure rather than a hardware failure. A cartridge failure may occur due to several possibilities. Sometimes, a cartridge error also indicates a communication error between the all-in-one and the cartridge. These errors may be due to defective cartridges or a simple interruption of communication. Lexmark Printer is a popular brand and these printers are generally reliable and inexpensive. Sometimes a printer may display an error while filling a Lexmark printer cartridge and replacing it in the machine. By placing the cartridges, you can print the printer correctly without displaying an error.
The most common printer errors disrupt the operation of your printer. Some of the most common errors are 1102, 1203, 1204, 120F, and 929.
Method 1 :
- Remove the print cartridges by closing the media covers.
- Disconnect all power cables from the wall outlet and leave for a few seconds.
- After a while, put the power cable back into the AC outlet and the power button.
- Then reinsert the print cartridges in their position.
If, after following the steps above, you face the error, go directly to the following
- Remove the print cartridges again by closing the media covers.
- Disconnect the power cables.
- After that, plug the power cable into the socket. Now turn on the button.
- Now insert the print cartridges and check the error. If the printer still displays an error, go to the next step.
- Replace the print cartridges with new and new ones.
Method 3 :
- The first step is to turn on the printer and make sure that the power cable is properly connected and that the connections are correct.
- Open the printer cover. The print media started to move and stopped at the loading position. If the conveyor does not move automatically to the center, unplug the printer or turn off the printer. After that, slide the media to the center.
- Remove the print cartridges from the media.
- Take a damp cotton cloth and clean the print cartridges.
- First, wipe the colored contacts on the print cartridge with the cotton cloth to be cleaned.
- Wipe the area of the printer contacts where the cartridges are placed.
- Replace the cartridge and try a test print. If removing the cartridges or cleaning does not resolve the error, go to another step.
- Turn off the printer
- Unplug the printer and leave it unplugged for at least 15 to 30 minutes. This process will reset your printer.
- Print a test page.
Method 4 :
- Press "Windows-Z" on the start screen. Click the "All Apps" icon, and then select the Lexmark header. Click or tap "Print Solution Center".
- Click the "Maintenance" tab, then "Install a new printer cartridge." Click the "Next" button repeatedly until you get the Print Alignment screen. Your Lexmark printer automatically detects the new cartridge (s) when you click on the different screens.
- Click the "Print" button to print an alignment page to complete the cartridge recognition process. Close the open dialog boxes after the alignment page is printed.