In the Lexmark printer display panel, if error code 1203 is displayed, resolve it to identify the error, whether it is a hardware or cartridge problem. Typically, 1203 is an error code common to almost all Lexmark printers and the troubleshooting steps for printers are almost identical.
- Errors on the Lexmark printer may occur when the connection between the spooler and the Lexmark printer is interrupted.
- A similar problem will occur if any of the Lexmark ink cartridges do not respond to printer commands.
- If the container does not contain enough ink to print the pages, an alert message appears on the screen.
- Serious damage to the print head.
- There may be a failure of the hardware components. Specific function keys may no longer function.
- Anyway, you will find that the print will slow down or stop abruptly. The output will be different.
Step 1: Check the power on – Make sure the Lexmark printer is turned on properly.
Step 2: Processing with the control panel – Lift the control panel and open the door to allow accessibility of the cartridge. You will see a fast movement in the print cartridge, which will immediately stop in the normal position. Take out the cartridges.
Step 3: Cartridge treatment – After removing the cartridge from the printer, close the access door, and then. Turn off the printer, and then turn it on again.
Step 4: Operator Inspection – Find on the control panel if the same error has occurred or you can see a new message on the screen.If the displayed message is 1203, the printer hardware may be incorrect.
Step 5: Reinstall the cartridges
- Reinstalling cartridges directly into the printer is a necessary task for users, as suggested by the Lexmark Customer Support Team.
- Place the color cartridge precisely in the left holder, then place the black cartridge in the holder on the far right.
- Gently press the cartridges until they fit snugly.
- Close the entire cartridge to access the door with the control card.
- If the error message 1203 still appears on the control panel, it is recommended that customers place one cartridge at a time.
- With a cartridge in the vendor area, completely close the access door and the control panel.
- Look in the entire control panel if error 1203 continues to appear or not.
- If the Missing Cartridge message is displayed, the 2nd Cartridge can then introduce the faulty process.
- Replacing the defective cartridge is essential.