Lexmark Printer Not Printing
If your Lexmark printer does not process print jobs, you may experience one of the following problems. If the print spooler service on your computer is not working properly or if it is not started, your Lexmark print can not receive print jobs. The printer may need to restart the power to erase data from the print job or a paper jam in the printer.
Lexmark printers may have printing problems for several reasons. You must know where exactly the problem lies. In this case, only you can provide a precise solution to the problem in question.
- There may be problems with the printer software. In this case, you must reset the Lexmark printer.
- The Lexmark printer driver may sometimes not work properly. Updating the driver in such cases can solve the problem.
- If paper is clogged in the printer's nozzles, the Lexmark printer will not print. You must carefully remove the paper to make it work again.
- In addition, if the printer cartridge is empty, there will be nothing to print. The purchase of a new cartridge is the only option.
- You must verify the connection of the Lexmark printer. A bad connection or faulty cable can create this type of problem.
- If the power button on the Lexmark printer does not work properly, you may experience such problems.
Solution 1: Update the printer driver
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Type "Device Manager" in the Start Search field.
- You must select the Device Manager option from the list that appears.
- The Device Manager window appears on your computer screen. You will find a list of all the drivers currently installed on your system.
- Look for the "Printer Driver" option. Click on it.
- The Lexmark printer option is displayed below. Right-click on it and select the "Update" option from the drop-down menu.
Solution 2 : Clear print jobs
When you print a file, the printer will print as a print job where the pages will be under the queue. Learn how to clear print jobs.
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard.
- This will open the Run dialog box. There you have to type "services.msc" and click on the Enter button.
- The Services (Local) window will appear on your screen.
- Locate the Print Spooler option and double-click it.
- The Print Spooler Properties (Local Computer) window appears on the screen. There you have to click the Stop button and then the OK button.
- Now open the File Explorer and copy and paste the following address into the address bar:% windir% \ System32 \ spool \ PRINTERS. Press the Enter key.
- Now you have to select all the files in the folder by pressing the Ctrl and A keys simultaneously.
- Press the Shift and Delete keys simultaneously to permanently delete the files.
- Return to the Print Spooler window and click the Start button. Then press the OK button.
- Finally, turn off the printer and restart it to see if it is printing.