After upgrading the system to Windows 10 from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, if your printer does not work at all or does not print correctly, the printer driver is probably damaged or incompatible with Windows 10 Lexmark is a reliable source. among the brand of printers but that does not mean that it is free of problems. The problem of updating the Lexmark printer driver on Windows 10 is a very common problem that customers are facing. It’s less of a problem than an obstacle. People who lack basic computer skills will find this a challenge. So, for those looking for a procedure to update the driver under a Windows 10 operating system, refer to the steps mentioned below. You can resolve the problem by reinstalling and updating the printer driver.
Method 1: Update your printer driver manually
You can go to the manufacturer’s website of your printer to check if your printer model supports Windows 10. If so, you can download and install the Windows 10 driver for your printer. Alternatively, you can download the latest version released by the manufacturer, such as Windows 8 or Windows 7. They may be compatible with Windows 10. The driver download is normally found in the Support section. After downloading the driver, you can always double-click on the installation file to install the driver. For some printers, you need to update the drivers manually, step by step.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Show in small icons. Click Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, locate the printer for which you want to update the driver. For the problem device, you may see a yellow mark next to the device name.
- Right-click the device name and select Update Driver Software
- In the pop-up window, you will see two options. It is recommended to select the first option Automatically find the updated driver. Then follow the instructions to install the drivers. If you have driver files available on your computer, you can select the second Browse My Computer option for the driver software.
Method 2: Use Windows Update for new drivers
Please refer to the steps below to learn how to use Windows Update in Windows 10 to update the drivers.
- Click the Start menu, and then click Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Update and Security.
- In Update & security, click Windows Update in the left pane.Click Check for Updates, and then wait while Windows checks for the latest updates for your computer.
- Click the link that indicates that optional updates are available. (If you do not see this link, it means that Windows Update has not found any updates for your computer.)
- Select the driver that you want to install, click OK, and then click Install Updates.