Lexmark Printer Spooler Problem
If your Lexmark printer does not process print jobs, you may experience one of the following problems. If the print spooler service on your computer is not working properly or if it is not started, your Lexmark print can not receive print jobs. The printer may need to restart the power to erase data from the print job or a paper jam in the printer.
- You get the error "The printer Spooler service terminated unexpectedly"
- You notice that the Printers and Faxes window is empty and no printers are listed.
- When you try to print from a particular program, you receive a message that no printer is installed.
If you experience any of these symptoms on your computer, follow the steps below.
- Click "Start" and "Control Panel".
- Type "Computer Management" in the Control Panel search box. Double-click the icon that appears.
- Click on "Services". Click on "Print Spooler". Click "Restart" to restart your spooler service. Re-send your print job to see if this solves the problem.
- Unplug your Lexmark printer and unplug the interface cable. Open the Lexmark printer to make sure no paper is stuck in the machine. Leave the printer turned off for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting. Send a print job to the Lexmark to see if the problem is resolved.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the drivers that came with the printer.
- Visit the Lexmark site for updated drivers for your specific printer. If the drivers that came with your printer are older, your printer may not work properly.
Step 1: If the print spooler service is not already stopped, continue and stop it. You can do this by going to Start, Run and typing Services.msc. Then scroll to Print Spoolerservice, right-click and choose Stop.
Step 2: Now you want to erase all old print jobs stuck in the queue. Occasionally, an incorrect print job may also cause the print spooler service to fail. Go to C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ spool \ PRINTERS and delete any files or folders listed. You can try to return to services.msc and start the print spooler service to see if this resolves your problem. In some cases because the drivers of one of printers are corrupt.
Step 3: Make sure to stop the print spooler service again before continuing. We first need to remove the corrupted drivers manually from the Windows registry. You can do it by going here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers
Step 4: Now, try to reactivate the print spooler service. Before removed the registry driver, it was that every time enabled the print spooler service, it stopped whenever tried to access printers and fax machines or print what whatever.Once deleted the corrupted driver, It was able to start the print spooler service and it remained active even when we went to Printers and Faxes. Now you are practically back in business.
Step 5: Now make sure to uninstall the printer software from your PC. In my case, the Lexmark printer had installed a suite of tools, and so on. Also uninstall it completely before reinstall the printer.
Step 6: Once you have removed the corrupted registry driver and uninstalled the software that came with the printer, you can continue and reinstall the printer. In my case, You used the CD that came with the printer to reinstall it. You can also download the driver from the manufacturer's website.