Local Search Engine Optimization refers to the process of optimizing your online presence to attract more business from relevant local searches. These searches take place on Google and other search engines. This last point is important – it’s not just about Google. Search for people for local businesses using various search engines Google, Bing, Yelp, Apple Maps, etc.
A successful local business SEO campaign is essential for any small business looking to generate leads and sales from nearby customers. Think of local SEO as the phone book today! While calls from newspaper ads and yellow pages are decreasing (or nonexistent), local search engine optimization helps you to generate more calls and online contact forms from your website.
If you own a small business, local SEO optimization of your business can be extremely rewarding. Let’s take a look at the benefits of local SEO:
- Local SEO helps potential customers discover your business. A lot of local searches come from non-locals who are looking for a business like yours, and with the local SEO properly done, your business can capture that audience.
- Local SEO provides potential customers with the information they want, when they want it. For example, if your restaurant has free Wi-Fi or accepts pets, posting this information as part of your local SEO will attract customers who are looking for it.
- Even if your business does not have a Web site, local SEO allows your business to stand out in local searches and drive more traffic through online leads.
- Local SEO helps people make favorable decisions about your business. The more data you have about your business, the more trustworthy you are. This establishes a solid foundation on which you can build a mutually beneficial customer relationship.
Hiring an SEO company for local SEO services has some distinct advantages:
- Local SEO increases the online visibility of local consumers: 97% of Internet users search for local services and 95% of them do not exceed the first page of search results. Local SEO aims to increase the ranking of your pages, increasing your visibility online.
- Local SEO increases local visitors’ traffic, leads, and sales – If you are a local business, getting web visits and user leads in a different city, state, or country will not help to develop your business. With local SEO, you increase consumer traffic in your specific service areas, which means you’ll get a higher sales-to-sales rate.
- Local SEO provides more targeted geographic campaigns – Modern consumers expect highly personalized online experiences. With local SEO, you can target campaigns to extremely small and localized groups of people.
- Local SEO sets you apart from your competitors: less than 50% of companies currently use local SEO services. What this means for you is a great opportunity to move forward and stand out in directories, maps, local searches and social media.