You are having trouble with your printer and you see a message on the screen that says “10.1000 provided memory error”, “10.00002” or something similar? The printer offers users an all-in-one solution for scanning, printing and faxing documents. When your printer is ready to print or fax a document, the print job remains in the machine’s memory until it runs. If a job is stuck in the queue or the printer’s working memory is full.
Symptoms of Low Memory Error When Printing
You may receive a “Not enough memory to print a page” error message when you print a document. So, if the same error message appears on your computer screen, leave some space in the memory.
Cause of Low Memory Error When Printing
Such an error occurs because the memory setting on the Microsoft Windows printer driver is too low. The default memory setting for some printer drivers is the lowest possible setting. Therefore, this setting may be deficient for your print job.
Solutions to solve Low Memory Error When Printing
Solution 1: Restart the computer and try the print job from another application.
- Restart the computer. If a message indicates that there are print jobs for the printer, click Cancel to delete the print job.
- Click Start, click Programs, click Accessories, and then click Notepad to open Microsoft NotePad.
- Type a short phrase.
- Click File, and then click Print. If the sentence is printed correctly, the original file is corrupted or the computer does not have enough space on the hard disk to process the spool file.
Solution 2: Connect the all-in-one to a USB port on the computer.
If the All-in-One is connected to a parallel cable, follow these instructions to connect it to an available USB port.
- Uninstall the All-in-One software.
- Disconnect the parallel cable from the All-in-One and the computer.
- Unplug the power cord from the all-in-one.
- Reinstall the All-in-One software.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the All-in-One.
- When prompted, connect the All-in-One to the computer with a USB cable.
Solution 3: Compare the available system resources with the minimum requirements.
Follow these steps to make sure there are enough system resources available to support the All-in-One.
Step 1: Check the amount of available system resources
- Restart the computer.
- On the computer keyboard, press CTRL and ALT, and hold down both buttons, press DEL. The Windows security screen is displayed.
- Click Task Manager.
- Click the Performance tab. View the amount of memory currently in use.
Step 2: Verify that the computer meets or exceeds the minimum amount of RAM required for the all-in-one.Check the minimum RAM requirements for the product by referring to the box label, product manual, or product specification document on the printer website.