Mac error code 8062
The Mac 8062 error code is a very critical error problem that is mainly encountered by users when backing up data with the Time Machine utility on Mac. This is mainly due to a corruption in the Time Machine utility. The appearance of this error message not only allows you to back up or restore data on your Mac, but also prevents you from transferring files, trash data, and many other causes.
- The system will get terminated automatically after few minutes of working.
- Slow & sluggish behavior of Mac system
- The stored Mac file gets corrupted or damaged without any warning
- Installed programs gets crashed or freezes frequently
- The emergence of annoying error messages like “unable to find .dmg file”
- “file not found”
- “access denied”
Restart your system
Mac error 8062 can be fixed by restarting your system. Follow the instructions given below to reboot MAC OS X.
- Select Restart through Apple’s Menu
- Confirm by clicking on Yes
- Now start transferring files without any error
Use Disk Repair Utility
Disk Repair is built-in utility that helps resolving 8062. Follow the instructions given below to use Disk Repair Utility.
- Insert Installation disk and reset your unit
- Press and hold C key through keypad during reboot
- Now select Disk Utility from the installer menu on screen
- In the Disk Utility, select First Aid
- Select Disk Volume
- Click on Repair
Unlock Files and Folders before Removing or Transferring
MAC Error 8062 can be fixed by unlocking through files and folders which are locked. Before you attempt to remove or transfer those files/folders, you need to unlock those folders/files. Follow the instructions given below to unlock files and folders.
- Select the file or folder that you want to trash or move
- Click on File menu and select Get Info
- Now unmark Locked Box
- Try moving file/folder
Another way to resolve Mac error 8062 is to reset ACLs and Permissions on parent directory. Reset permissions by applying instructions given below.
1. Restart your unit. Press and Hold C key through keypad
2. Click on Repair Utility during reboot
3. Select terminal from utilities. Type in “reset password” without quotes and press Enter
4. Select the HD volume. Select the Account
5. Now click on Reset Home Directory Permissions ACLs
6. Wait for few moments
7. Restart your system
Reformat Hard Disk
You need to have installation disk in order to format internal system disk. Re-formatting internal system hard disk would help resolving error 8062. Follow the instructions given below to reformat hard disk.
1. Close all active programs on MAC
2. Insert Mac installation disk and hold C key while re-booting
3. Now double-click on install MAC OS X
4. Save existing settings and files and start installing OR only select Network settings and Preserve Users
5. Now select Erase and Install
6. Follow the instructions to reformat
7. You are done