When you end up having a chance to relax a bit, the last thing you want to worry about is your Netflix that does not work. If you encounter Netflix Error 15001 while attempting to open the Netflix app on your Android phone or tablet, it usually indicates information about the device to refresh. Alternatively, your device may require a software update.
There are two possible causes of the Netflix 15001 error on Android
- Netflix Error 15001 is mainly due to the fact that some data on your Android device needs updating.
- This can also happen if your device needs a software update.
Solution 1: Change the date and time settings to Automatic
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Date and time.
- Make sure the Automatic option is checked.
- Try Netflix again.
Solution 2: Install a pending software update on your device:
Follow the steps below to install any pending software updates on your Android device.
- Go to Settings.
- Now under the System section, tap on the About option.
- Now select the System Updates option.
- Here, install all pending software updates on your device.
If you are still facing Netflix Error 15001 on your Android device, follow the last solution below.
Solution 3: Restart your Android phone or tablet
- Turn off your Android phone or tablet by holding down the power button.
- Confirm that you want to turn off your Android.
- Press the power button again to turn your Android back on.
- Once your Android is on, try Netflix again.
Solution 4 – Factory reset of your Android device
Factory Reset will delete all files and data from your Android device. So be sure to back up all your necessary data, then opt for this solution. To reset your Android device, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings.
- Under Personal section, tap the Backup and reset option.
- Now in the Personal Data section, tap the Reset Factory Data option.
- Read the information on your screen and click the Reset Phone option.
- When prompted, tap Clear All to erase all data on your phone. When everything is complete, click the Restart Your Device option.
- Once rebooted, connect to the network connection and reinstall all necessary applications, including the Netflix app, on your Android phone.