Netflix Error Code UI 800-3
When you watch your favorite TV show or a fantasy movie on Netflix, the last thing you want is to experience interruptions or cope with the mistakes that ruin your streaming experience. There may be different reasons you may have problems viewing Netflix content, such as a bad internet connection, problems with your device, and errors in Netflix. In some cases, an error code appears while you are watching content on this popular streaming platform, including Netflix Error Code UI 800-3, which appears when you use Roku, Amazon Fire Stick TV, PS4, and other devices. There may be several reasons, such as an Internet connection, a hardware problem, a device problem, or an error on the Netflix side. But every time this error occurs, you must refresh the information stored on the device.
- Reinstall the Netflix app
Uninstall the Netflix app
- Press the Home button on your Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Select Settings.
- Select Applications.
- Select Manage all installed applications.
- Scroll to and select Netflix.
- Select Remove or Uninstall.
Reinstall the Netflix app
- In the Amazon Fire TV Home screen, select Search.
- Type Netflix, and then select Netflix.
- Select Netflix again.
- Select Download.
- When the download is complete, select Open.
- Select Login.
- Enter your Netflix email address and password, and try Netflix again.
- Playstation 3
- Start from the PS3 Home screen.
- If you are not already on the Home screen, press and hold the PS3 button in the center of the controller, select Exit, and select Yes.
- Navigate to the TV / Video Services section and highlight Netflix.
- Press X.
- Immediately after pressing X, press and hold Start and Select. Until a message appears asking you Do you want to reset your Netflix settings and re-register?
- Select Yes.
- Enter your email address and password, and try Netflix again.
- Reset your Netflix settings
Some devices do not have the ability to disconnect from Netflix. Instead, these devices allow you to reset your Netflix settings. This will refresh the data and allow you to reconnect.
- Clear the data or the cache of the Netflix application
Some streaming devices allow you to erase locally stored data or clear the Netflix application cache without uninstalling the application. It's fast enough, so you should try it before uninstalling.
- Check your DNS settings
Sometimes your DNS settings may interfere with the Netflix application and cause the Netflix ui-800-3 error code to appear. To resolve this problem, you must check your DNS settings. To do this, follow these simple instructions:
- Press the Menu button on your controller and select Settings. Otherwise, you can select Settings from the Home screen.
- Select Network and go to advanced settings.
- Open the DNS settings and select Automatic.
- Press the B button to save the changes.