Visit the Norton Service Status page to check if the issue you are experiencing is related to a known system problem or Norton An Unexpected Error Occurred. When you activate your Norton product, “Unexpected browser error or can not connect to Norton server”. To resolve this problem, set the default web browser on your computer. Or else change your default web browser.
1. On your Windows desktop, go to Start > Settings > System.
2. Click Default apps.
3. Under Web browser, select the web browser that you want to set as default.
4. Activate your Norton product.
5. Change default web browser
6. Press the + R key to open the Run dialog box.
7. Type the following text, and then press Enter.
8. If the User Account Control window appears, click Continue.
9. In the Control Panel window, next to View by, select Category from the drop-down list.
10. In the Control Panel window, click Programs.
11. Under Default Programs, click Set your default programs.
12. In the Set your default programs window, under Programs, select your preferred browser and click Set this program as default.
The aforementioned steps are a very simple process and this process surely helps you in fixing the error. but if you need any technical support with the team of Norton then you can contact the Norton customer support. the technicians are available 24*7 to help you.