Message Cannot connect Norton server – If you see the message: “Unexpected Norton Browser Error or Cannot connect to the Norton server” while activating the Norton Product then there is a possible issue with your web browser. But before that check whether the Norton Services are working fine or not.
To check if there is any problem with the Norton Services, go to the Norton Service Status. If all the services are running fine then go on and follow these steps to fix the issue. You can simply eliminate the error by changing the default web browser on your computer
This solution in this article applies to the problem when Norton Browser Protection is Not Working problems start and in the main window, you are receiving an error message: “At Risk: Your browser is not protected from intrusion attempts”, and the problem persists even after you click Fix Now. This error can be solved by the following the simple troubleshooting steps.
- Start Norton, Click Security Tab, and then click LiveUpdate.
- When Norton LiveUpdate is completed, click OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until you see the message, “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates.”
- Close all the programs, and restart your computer.
- If the problem persists, continue troubleshooting.
B. Run Norton Remove & Reinstall Tool
This is the most important Troubleshooting step and is most likely going to solve all Norton Errors in the first attempt. If you are using Norton Family installed, Advice that you uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool from Control Panel.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Save the file on the desktop and click on NRnR icon.
- On some browsers, the file is automatically saved
- To its default location which is Downloads or Documents.
- Agree with Terms and Follow all the Instructions to complete the Installation.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select Remove Only and Click Remove
- Click Restart when prompted.
- After computer Restarts, Follow the On-Screen Instructions to reinstall Norton.