Norton Error Applying Patch
Error: “Norton Error Applying Patch”
You can get Norton Error Applying Patch when Norton can not close all the drivers used to apply the patches. To fix this problem, restart your computer and run LiveUpdate again.
- Restart the computer
- Exit all the programs.
- Restart the computer.
- Run LiveUpdate again
- Start Norton.
- In the main window, click Security, and then click LiveUpdate.
- When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until you see the message, “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates.”
- Exit all the programs, and restart the computer.
In autodesk simulation, it seems to show mechanical errors while attempting to apply a patches for Service Pack 1, “Error 1328. Error Applying patch to file C:\Config.Msi\PTA452.tmp” .
An error has occurred while attempting to install a patent that is older than the currently installed version of the software.
This problem occurs after applying multiple incorrect patches. To confirm whether you have applied a wrong patch, compare the file version of the Rtvscan.exe file with the program version shown in the Symantec antivirus user interface. If the versions do not match then you have used the wrong patch.
To confirm the file version of Rtvscan.exe
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Search > For Files or Folders.
- Under “Search for files or folders named,” type the following text: rtvscan.exe
- Click Search Now. Wait for the search to finish.
- In the right pane, right-click Rtvscan.exe and then click Properties.
- On the Version tab, find the number in the File version: field.
To confirm the program version in the Symantec AntiVirus user interface
- Start Symantec AntiVirus.
- In the right pane, under Program Versions, find the number in the Program: field.
If the versions do not match then you have used the wrong patch. If you apply a wrong patch, the installation was corrupted. To fix the problem, uninstall Symantec Antivirus or Symantec Client Security and restart your computer. Afterwards, install Symantec Antivirus or Symantec Client Security and apply the correct patches.