Running a Norton antivirus program or an antivirus can mean downloading, installing or uninstalling an error. Norton Error 8504 0 may cause your computer’s system to behave unexpectedly, such as your Windows can shut down unexpectedly, run a program window, and crash likely to happen. The following symptoms appear in the Norton Antivirus 8504 0.
- The active program window crashes every time Norton Error 8504 0 appears.
- Your PC frequently crashes with the same Error 8504 0 when trying to run the same program.
- Failed installation or upgrade process is displayed on your screen.
- Windows responds really slow to any activity and runs sluggishly or reboots on its own.
- The Computer System frequently “freezes” at periodic intervals.
Manually editing the Windows registry entries to fix this Error 8504 0 should be done cautiously. Using a registry editor may incorrectly damage your operating system and prevent it from booting. Though done carefully, would make this error disappear. To start the repair, create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry following these steps:
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Type “command” in the search box and without pressing “Enter” key, move to the next step.
- Press “CTRL”, “Shift” and “Enter” keys all together.
- You will be asked for the permission then click on “Yes”.
- Type “regedit” in the opened window and press “Enter” key.
- In the Registry Editor, select the key associated with Error 8504 0 that you want to back up.
- Select “Export” from the “File” menu.
- In the “Save In” list, select the location where you want to save the backup key for Norton Antivirus.
- Enter a name for the back-up file in the “Filename” box such as Norton Antivirus Backup.
- Make sure to select the “Selected Branches” option in the “Export Category” menu.
- Click on “Save” and the file would be saved with a .reg file extension.
- Now, you have successfully created the back-up file of Norton Antivirus related registry entry.
Some Alternative Steps:
- Initiate a Complete Malware Scan for PC
- Using Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr), Clean up System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders)
- Update Device Drivers of Your PC
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Norton Antivirus Antivirus Program Associated with Error 8504 0
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
- Install All Windows Updates
- Perform a Clean Installation of Windows