If your Olivetti Printer Offline message, it means you have trouble communicating with your computer. There may be several reasons for this, connectivity issues with a failure of your printer. Whatever the reason, you can perform several checks to determine the problem you are facing. If your computer thinks your printer is offline, it prevents both devices from communicating. This can range from a small conflict with your software or printer drivers to a physical break in the line of communication between the two. Whatever the case, it can usually be solved with some basic troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting Steps to solve Printer offline
- Physical Controls
- Make sure both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. If the printer is networked, make sure the Ethernet cable is properly connected.
- Try the end of the cable in multiple ports on your PC / laptop, if applicable.
- If you have another USB A-B cable, try this cable in conjunction with your printer and your computer.
- Set the printer to “Online” manually
- Go to the Start icon at the bottom left of your screen, and choose Control Panel, then Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer in question and select “View Impressions”.
- In the window that appears, choose Printer in the bar at the top.
- Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop-down menu.
- Delete all pending print jobs
- In the “View Prints” menu above, right-click and “Cancel” the current print jobs.
- After the print jobs have been deleted, select “Use Printer Online” again.
- If there are still minor print jobs, try reformulating your computer and printer.
- Removing and reinstalling your printer
- Right-click the printer in Devices and Printers and select “Remove Device”.
- Add the printer again by selecting the Add Printer option in Devices and Printers.
- Removing drivers and packages
- Make sure to use Windows as an administrator or login as such.
- Click Start> All Programs> Accessories> Command Prompt.
- When the command prompt is open, type “printui / s / t2”, including spaces to open the Print Server Properties window.
- Now remove the printer driver and package from the printer.
- You can now add your printer again by selecting Add Printer from Devices and Printers.