Outlook backup error message
Outlook is an essential component of Microsoft and many people use it to send / receive emails. But do you know that when you use Outlook, you may encounter errors. The error 0x80070021 is one of the most damaging errors that the user may encounter while working on Outlook.
Outlook 0x80070021 An error has usually occurred while using Outlook Express. This error is not more complex, but because of this error, your Outlook account becomes inaccessible. In this condition, users are unable to access their emails and are unable to send emails via an Outlook account. In addition, most of these 0x80070021 perspective errors are due to an incorrect user ID and password and an oversized PST file.
If users encounter this error on their systems, it means that the operation of their system is defective. Some of the common factors responsible for this error are:
- Invalid and incorrect installation or uninstallation of any software. This could have left irrational entries in the Windows registry.
- Shutdown complete system
- AttacksVirus or malware
- A person with less technical knowledge mistakenly removes a file or registry needed
Approach 1: Using Outlook Settings
- Open the Outlook application on the local system
- Click the File tab and choose the Account Settings option.
- Select the E-mail option, and then choose an e-mail account that has a problem. Then click Change Folder
- To create a temporary Outlook data file, click the New Outlook Data File option.
- Give a clean name to this newly generated Outlook data file.
- Choose the Inbox folder and click OK
- Gain move to the account settings and choose the option to change folder
- Then choose the Outlook folder in which you want to save the emails, then press OK.
- Access the data files and delete the temporary Outlook PST file from the folder.
- At the last step, exit the Account Settings dialog box and press the Send / Receive button instead of the Outlook ribbon.
Approach 2: Create a new Outlook PST File
This is the notable solution to opt for when "the Outlook backup file is missing" in this technique, users must generate a new PST file. This can be done using the Mail Setup Wizard. Then users can follow the steps accordingly.