Outlook data file error code 0x8000ffff
Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client among a large number of active users. It offers you impressive features and exceptional performance. But, like any other software application, it has some disadvantages. As an Outlook user, you may receive error messages if you have a problem with the Microsoft Outlook client. One of the most common error messages is "An unknown error has occurred, error code: 0x8000ffff". You may encounter this error message when you add a data file to the Mail applet in Outlook 2016.
There are several reasons for the occurrence of the Windows 0x8000ffff update error that sometimes causes the Outlook 0x8000ffff data file error code. Some of them are discussed below:
- DLL Error:If the DLL file is missing, it also means that it is impossible to add the PST file to Outlook 2016 "An unknown error has occurred. Error code 0x8000ffff ". The possible reason for this problem could be the corrupt or faulty DLL file due to the malicious program.
- Freezing applications:If the MS Outlook application is blocked or frozen, it clearly means that an incorrect action has been performed. It will stop abnormally and leave all running tasks with an error.
- Blue screen:Blue screen errors are mainly due to bugs or viruses in the system, as well as hardware failures or corrupted software drivers.
- Corruption in the system file:if there are corrupted or corrupted system files, this can also result in the PST file not being able to be added to Outlook 2013. Error "An unknown error occurred, code 0x8000ffff".
It's very simple to solve this error. To add the Outlook data file, follow these steps:
- Launch of Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016.
- On the taskbar, click the File> Account Settings> Account Settings tab.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, click the Data Files> Add ... tab.
- Now, add the Outlook data file, and then click OK.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, click Close.
If, despite everything, you receive the error code, it means that the Outlook data file you are trying to add is corrupt. You must use the Inbox Repair Tool to scan the Outlook data file. The Inbox Repair Tool, also called utility scanpst.exe, is a repair tool built into the Microsoft Outlook client. It can repair the PST file that is corrupted for any reason. After that, you can add the PST file. to your Outlook client without problems. If the corruption is severe, the scanpst.exe utility may fail or not work. In such a situation, you should consider a professional solution.