Unexpected Outlook errors can turn into a nightmare for any user. Indeed, at first glance, cryptic error codes can be very difficult to understand. And how can you hope to solve an error that you can not even understand? Outlook is often plagued by such complex issues that end up putting an end to our daily activities. So, as users, we should be aware of the sudden mistakes that can happen every day in order to be resolved as soon as possible.
Common reasons behind error 0x800ccc0f include:
- Slow Internet connection or connectivity issues with the Exchange server
- Firewall blocking MS Outlook outgoing and incoming messages
- Incorrect Outlook profile settings or corrupted Outlook profile
- Technical issue with the server settings
- OST file corruption
Ways to Resolve Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
1. Verify the Network Connectivity
The first step is to make sure your computer is connected to Microsoft Exchange. To do this, you must examine both the Internet connection and also access the gateway link with the Exchange server. Keep in mind that the configuration, as well as the settings, are absolutely correct and everything will be in place.
2. Deactivate Anti-virus & Windows Firewall
In the MS Windows firewall, the anti-virus program can hinder the overall operation of outgoing and incoming e-mail messages. Therefore, to confirm if this is the main problem, you must disable the antivirus. In addition to this, you must disable the Windows Firewall, follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Control Panel and go to Network Connections.
- Right-click the Internet connection you are using and choose “Properties” in a pop-up window.
- In the ‘Security’ tab, you must disable the Windows firewall.
3. Check MS Outlook Profile Settings
By default, you can check the Outlook profile settings. In case they are wrong, correct them all. If you do not know what is wrong, delete the recent default account and create a new profile. After that, you can configure a newly created Outlook profile as the default profile.
4. Eliminate All Suspicious Mails from Outlook & Outlook Outbox
Sometimes, suspicious emails or unreliable attachments can be the real reason for this problem. If you receive all these emails from the Outlook Inbox, you must delete them immediately. If your MS Outlook Outbox is overcrowded, clean it up (only one outbox).
5. Check the Router’s MTU
The router’s Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) size can create this problem when sending or receiving specific e-mails. Check it too and make some changes to the outgoing mail size accordingly.
6. Convert OST File to PST
If the above method does not solve the problem of “Sending MS Outlook sending with an error 0x800ccc0f”, the most recommended technique is to convert the OST file to a PST file, and then to import the exported PST file. in MS Outlook. Otherwise, users can choose a reliable third-party tool to troubleshoot Outlook.