Outlook error code 0x800c8101
The Outlook application is an Office combination that allows you to send or receive emails even offline. This application can store all e-mails from your different media on one platform and help you access these e-mails simultaneously. But sometimes, because of internet disconnection or damage in Outlook PST files, you can get Outlook error code 0x800c8101 on your computer screen. This is a very common error code, but should be avoided as soon as possible so that the Outlook application is not affected further. You can use some manual methods or you can also use the Outlook PST Repair Tool to automatically fix the error problem.
- Virus or malware attack
- Pending Windows Update
- Incomplete Microsoft Office installation
- Proxy Issues
- Poor ISP connection
- Improper or abrupt system shut down
In this section, we'll show you some simple and cost-effective techniques for correcting Outlook 2016 error code 0X800C8101. All you need to do is follow the instructions sequentially to avoid any type of data loss from your Outlook account.
Approach 1: Repair Corrupted Files
- Close the Outlook application (if open)
- Go to the Start menu on your computer and select Command Prompt Admin to resolve the Microsoft Outlook 0X800C8101 error.
- Now, in the command prompt, type sfc / scannow (note the space in the command).
- Restart your computer and restart the Microsoft Outlook program
Approach 2: Turn off the Windows Firewall
- Open Control Panel on your computer
- Select the option Windows Firewall
- Now, verify that Windows Firewall is enabled or disabled. If enabled, the state of the Windows firewall is enabled. To disable it, navigate to the left pane and select the Enable or Disable Windows Firewall option.
- Now, in the Customize Settings wizard, click Disable Windows Firewall, and then click the OK button to fix Outlook 0X800C8101 error code.
Approach 3: Disable Antivirus Program Temporarily
- Antivirus programs sometimes disable Outlook incoming and outgoing services. Thus, one can temporarily disable the antivirus program to identify the real cause of the error Outlook 0X800C8101. To disable the antivirus:
- Go to the virus protection program icon in the Windows notification area.
- Right-click the antivirus icon and select Disable / Stop / Stop or a similar option.
Approach 4: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
- Click the Start menu on your computer.
- Type outlook.exe / safe in the start search box
- Now press the Enter button to overcome Outlook Error Code 0X800C8101
For Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000:
- Click on the Start menu
- Click on Run
- Type outlook.exe / safe
- Finally, click OK
Approach 5: Create a New Outlook Profile
- Open the Control Panel on your system and click the Mail icon.
- Or select Start and in the Search programs and files section, tap Control Panel and select Mail.
- Choose Show Profiles >> Add to Microsoft Outlook Error Fix 0X800C8101
- Now, in the Profile Name box, enter a name for the new profile and click the OK button.