Outlook error code 3253
One of the most common errors experienced by Mac users when using an email application is the MS Outlook 3253 error message. It usually indicates an error "The connection to the server failed or was dropped ". This error code generates all of a sudden without any prior notification. However, solving problems like this is not as simple as it seems. Users have to face some challenges to correct the error. If you face the same mistake, then this blog is for you only. Indeed, we will cover the best possible solution to rectify the error code 3253 of Microsoft Outlook 2016 on Mac.
This 3253 Outlook Mac error code may be due to various reasons. Some of them are mentioned as follows:
- The high number of e-mails in the outbox can be one of the reasons for the disconnection of the server. As a large number of email folders puts an additional constraint on the client-server communication.
- It can also occur because of the server settings of the incoming and outgoing server ports, which must be checked and corrected. If you are using Outlook 2016 and have received this error, then you must change the default port 465 to 587.
- The incorrect installation of Outlook on the client computer can also be a reason. It can be easily corrected by entering the correct information.
The first approach to discover the possible error is to determine the type of Mac Outlook 2016 account, which can be any of them: POP3, IMAP. This can be easily found in the account settings. As we know, the Mac Outlook 3253 error is a problem with the connection to the server, so when we create a new account with the appropriate server settings. We will now talk about steps to create a new account. If the steps are correctly executed by the user, the chances of getting a new error are very small.
Steps to be Followed to Create a New Account:
- Go to applications.
- Click right on MS Outlook and click View Package Contents.
- Then go to Summary >> Shared Support >> Outlook Profile Manager; double click on it.
- Click Create a new profile and enter the name of the profile.
- Click Add Account.
- Select the type of account - Another email >> IMAP / POP.
- Enter the account details and click Add Account.