Outlook error code 401
Run-time error 401 occurs when Microsoft Outlook fails or hangs during its execution, hence its name. This does not necessarily mean that the code was corrupted, just that it did not work while it was running. This type of error will appear as an annoying notification on your screen unless it is processed and corrected. Here are the symptoms, causes and ways to solve the problem.
When designing software, programmers anticipate the appearance of errors. However, there is no perfect design because errors can be expected even with the best program design. Problems can occur during execution if a certain error is not encountered and addressed during design and testing. Runtime errors are usually caused by incompatible programs running at the same time. It may also be due to a memory problem, an incorrect graphics driver, or a virus infection. In any case, the problem must be solved immediately to avoid other problems. Here are ways to remedy this error.
Runtime errors can be boring and persistent, but it's not totally hopeless, repairs are available. Here are different ways to do it. If a repair method is right for you, please click on the positive vote button to the left of the answer. Other users will be informed by the repair method that currently works best.
Method 1 - Close Conflicting Programs
When you receive a run-time error, keep in mind that this happens because of conflicting programs with each other. The first thing to do to solve the problem is to stop these conflicting programs.
- Open the Task Manager by simultaneously clicking Ctrl-Alt-Delete. This will allow you to see the list of running programs.
- Go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and clicking the End Process button.
- You will need to check if the error message reappears each time you stop a process.
- Once you have identified the program causing the error, you can proceed to the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application.
Method 2- Update your Virus protection program or download and install the latest Windows Update
Viral infections that cause runtime errors on your computer should immediately be prevented, quarantined, or removed. Make sure you update your antivirus program and run a thorough scan of the computer or run Windows Update to get the latest virus definition and solution.
Method 3 - Re-install Runtime Libraries
The error may come from an update, such as the MS Visual C ++ package, that may not be installed correctly or completely. You can then uninstall the current package and install a new copy.
- Uninstall the package in Programs and Features, locate and highlight the Microsoft Visual C ++ redistributable package.
- Click Uninstall at the top of the list and, when done, restart your computer.
- Download the latest Microsoft redistributable package and install it.
Method 4 - Run Disk Cleanup
You may also encounter a runtime error because of very little free space on your computer.
- You should consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive.
- You can also empty your cache and restart your computer
- You can also run Disk Cleanup, open your Explorer window and right-click on your main directory (this is usually C :).
- Click Properties, and then click Disk Cleanup.