This error is usually caused by sending and receiving e-mails through the Outlook application or even during the startup phase of the Outlook application. Well, users are first suggested to have a correct check of the exact cause that is responsible for this problem. There are a lot of reasons for this problem such as server problem, corruption of the .PST file problem, corrupted items in the mailbox, incorrect username, password issues and yes, viral infections exist . Registry issues are also responsible for this problem. We discussed solutions to fix Outlook 998 error code. Let’s see what solutions we have for you.
- Corrupted items in the mailbox
- Corruption of PST. File issue,
- Server Problems
- wrong username & password Problems
- Virus Infections
- Registry Problems
Step 1: This solution asks users to mane the Outlook account first
- The first thing to do is to open the Outlook application
- Users are now advised to navigate through the “Account Settings”.
- Now choose the account “E-mail” and select the type of account. Click on the “Repair” icon now.
- Press the “Internet Mail Settings” icon, and then select the “Other Settings” icon.
- In the “Outgoing Server” tab, simply uncheck all the boxes.
- Users are advised to provide a valid username and password.
- Press the “OK” icon and then click on the “Next” icon. Finally, click on the “Finish” icon
Step 2: If the above solution does not work for you then, try this one
Users can also use the “Scanpst.exe” command on the computer. But it is always advisable to have a correct idea of each location of the scanpst.exe command if you are working with the Windows system. It is strongly recommended to thoroughly analyze the PC device to eliminate all these types of problems. You can contact us if the problem still exists