Outlook error gmail 78754
The error "error78754" is a Web connection error or an IMAP problem experienced by Google Mail subscribers on Outlook. The mail server forcibly closes clients while trying to access their emails via the Microsoft Outlook platform. Gmail Error 78754 is usually displayed when a user's password is not recognized, when a suspicious login is detected by Google, or when a user tries to access their account from a new device or location
This error may also occur if an application-specific password is required for the login rather than the regular account password.
Some of the solutions to fix this issue are explained in the section. Go through them one by one.
Solution 1: Check the Settings of Gmail Account
Check if you have set up your Gmail account by following these steps:
- Log in to the Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner >> Choose Settings option
- Select the Return and POP / IMAP option
- Activate the radio button next to IMAP
- So, click Save Changes
- Next, enter https://myaccount.google.com/security in the address bar. Make sure you are always connected
- Scroll down and enable the Allow less secure apps option.
- Now, check the Microsoft Outlook
Solution 2: Configure MS Outlook Account
The failure 78754 in Outlook 2013 and other versions may be due to the reason that the Outlook account is not configured correctly. To correct this error, follow these steps:
- Select Add Account >> Select the option Manually configure server settings and select an option from Next.
- Choose the POP or IMAP option followed by Next
- Fill user details and login information
- In the information on the server: Account Type: Choose IMAP or POP Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- Tap More Settings to Eliminate Error 78754 in Outlook Gmail
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the option My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- So go to the Advanced tab. Use the following encrypted connection type: SSL (for incoming IMAP and outbound IMAP servers) Port number for the IMAP outgoing server: 465
- Click OK, and then click Next.
- Finally, launch Microsoft Outlook and open Gmail for any verification mail.