Outlook error synchronizing folder
The main reason for the Outlook OST file is to allow users to work offline or when a user experiences a problem with network connectivity or server access. However, it retains all data saved in an OST file automatically synchronized with MS Exchange Server when the connection is reestablished. Thus, all user data is correctly synchronized on Exchange Server without any additional effort. However, in certain situations, the OST is unable to synchronize with the Exchange server and does not update the changes made offline. However, this will create a serious problem for Outlook users because synchronizing the OST file is the primary factor that a user can count on after a failure.
As so far, it's pretty clear that the OST file plays a crucial role for all Outlook users. However, a synchronization error in the OST file can severely affect the functionality of Outlook. Therefore, a user must correct these synchronization errors in MS Outlook by choosing one of the methods mentioned below.
Solution 1: Turn On the Cached mode
In some cases, a user may intentionally and accidentally disable Cached Exchange Mode for the offline Outlook account. However, this will automatically cause the OST synchronization error. Now, to activate the cached mode, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- To start the process, you must log in to an MS Outlook account and choose Tools >> Account Settings from the menu bar.
- After that, simply click on the Data Files option and choose the name of the desired profile you wish to synchronize. Then choose Set As Default.
- After that, browse to Email >> choose the account name.
- Now click the Settings option.
- Then, on the Advanced tab, check the Use Cached Exchange Mode option.
Solution 2: Try to Synchronize outlook.ost With Exchange Server Manually
- First, choose the Outlook folder you want to synchronize
- Then, click Tools and select the Send / Receive option.
- After that, click on the option This folder, which has synchronized the required folder.
Solution 3: Automatically to Sync OST File
To enable the automatic synchronization option for each folder, follow these steps:
- Click on Tools and choose Options >> Email Setup tab.
- Now, go to the Send / Receive option and tick the Send immediately when connected option.