Panda Antivirus Blocking Internet Connection
Panda Antivirus Pro is a major upgrade to Panda Free Antivirus with more features and bonuses, including a firewall and a Wi-Fi security monitor. This antivirus program includes a simple firewall. However, this firewall feature does have some control over how programs access the web, but its function is quite limited. It blocks suspicious incoming connections in some programs while allowing outgoing connections. Users can also configure the program control rules.
A secure browser module monitors web browsing. Unlike some security software, Panda Internet Security does not add any toolbar or button to browsers. They tend to interfere, so the Panda system is cleaner and simpler. It just works in the background, blocking malware or spyware over the Internet.When an unlicensed program attempts to connect to the Internet, firewall protection displays a pop-up message prompting you to allow or deny the connection.
- Click Firewall in the main program window.
- In the Rules section, click Settings to define programs that can access the network / Internet.
- Find the program whose permissions you want to modify and modify them. You can do this by using the drop-down menu that appears to the right of the program name.
Step 1: Remove corrupted registry keys
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following keys, right-click each key, and then click Remove: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Winsock HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Winsock2
- When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Note: Restart the computer after you remove the Winsock keys. This forces the Windows XP operating system to create new shell entries for these two keys. If you do not restart the computer after you remove the Winsock keys, the next step does not work correctly.
Step 2: Install TCP / IP
- Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.
- Click Install.
- Click Protocol, and then click Add.
- Click Have Disk.
- Type C: \ Windows \ inf, and then click OK.
- In the list of available protocols, click Internet Protocol (TCP / IP), and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.