Adobe Photoshop is an excellent graphical editing tool that offers excellent options for creating / editing high quality images. Dynamic versions of Adobe Photoshop offer many features for generating images in .psd format. Photoshop CS6 included advanced design tools for video editing, an automatic backup feature, a redesigned user interface, and more. However, sometimes when a PSD file is attempted to open in Adobe Photoshop CS6, an error may be displayed, such as “Configuration Error 1”, which blocks access to this PSD image. Before knowing the best way to fix error 1 with Photoshop CS6, let us first know what this error is?
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Error 1 – “Configuration Error: Uninstall and Reinstall Product” This error usually occurs when attempting to open the PSD file in the Adobe Photoshop CS6 application on a Windows computer. The error dialog says, Configuration error – Please uninstall and reinstall the product. If the problem persists, contact Adobe Technical Support for assistance. Mention the error code indicated at the bottom of this screen.
Symptoms and reasons for Photoshop Error 1
When this error appears, your Photoshop program may crash and your system may run slowly. Your system may even freeze several times after the occurrence of the error. The main causes of error 1 are explained as follows.
- Incomplete or corrupted installation of Adobe Photoshop
- Windows registry corruption due to a recent software change
- Infection with a virus or malware that disrupts your Photoshop-related files
Solutions to solve ‘Error 1’ in Adobe Photoshop
In order to solve the “Error 1” problem in Adobe Photoshop, follow the steps below.
Solution 1: Reinstall Adobe Photoshop
Reinstalling Adobe Photoshop on your computer is known to help solve most corruption issues. Go ahead, follow the steps below to reinstall Adobe Photoshop.
- Click Windows + X and select Control Panel from the menu.
- In Control Panel, select Programs> Programs and Features.
- Right-click on the Adobe Photoshop program and click Uninstall
- Follow the steps in the wizard to complete the uninstallation process, and then reinstall the software.
Solution 2: Start SFC Analysis
SFC is a handy tool that resolves corruption issues in Windows system files. To run SFC, please follow the steps below.
- Click the Windows + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- At the command prompt, type “sfc / scannow” and press Enter.
- Wait for SFC to check for and fix errors
- Finally, reboot your system and open Photoshop again. Your problem should now be solved.
If error 1 has damaged some of your PSD files, you can resolve these issues by using Remo Repair PSD. This software extracts the contents of your PSD file in read-only mode and repairs errors. Once the repair is complete, a new PSD file as well as layers, text, color modes, and so on. are recovered.