QuickBooks Error 6000 832 is another error code in the Error 6000 series. This is a file error of the company due to damage to the company file. All of your accounting data has been saved in the company’s files and damage to the company’s file prevents access to the file. There can be multiple company files, but you can access only one company file in a single window.
Because of this error, you may also lose your data, but you do not have to worry because they can be retrieved and copied to a separate company file. QuickBooks Error 6000 is a common error that could occur when you try to open a company file. A number of different errors can occur, all relating to the 6000 series.
They could be caused by various reasons, including
- Your firewall blocks the connection.
- Your .TLG file is corrupt.
- The QuickBooks installation file is corrupt.
- The network connection of your system has not been correctly configured.
- Multiple users are connected to the same company file.
- QuickBooks Error 6000 may also occur when you try to restore a previous backup of your files.
- The company file may be damaged in one way or another.
Solution to solve Quickbook Error 6000
Solution 1: Delete the spaces after the name of the company and before its extension.
- Log out of QuickBooks Desktop from each device.
- Open the folder where the company file is kept.
- Right-click the company file and select Rename.
- Choose the file name, and check and remove the spaces between the file extension and the company name.
- Try to open or create a company file.
If this problem continues to persist, please move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable hosting with each device that has QuickBooks configured
- For single-user access:Note: Disable Hosting mode disables multi-user access.
Step 1: Click File> Utilities> Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
Step 2: When the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” message appears, choose Yes.
Step 3: When the message “Company file must be closed” appears, select Yes.
• For multi-user access
This error usually means that multiple client devices are incorrectly installed to host multi-user access.
Step 1: On each client computer displaying the error:
- In the No Business Open window, choose File, and then select Utilities.
- Confirm that the Multi-User Host Access menu option is displayed. One or more client computers may display the menu option, Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, which indicates that they are already hosting multi-user access.
Step 2: Tap Stop hosting multi-user access on any client device that displays the Stop multi-user access for hosting option and follow the instructions to disable hosting.
Step 3: Try opening the problem file again. The login window should now be displayed. If the problem persists, continue to the next solution.
Solution 3: Restart the client computer
Restarting the device will restore the system from scratch and clear the current state of the software. If the problem persists, continue to the next solution.