The 80029c4a error code is a complicated error reported by some QB users in the community. This error usually occurs when the QuickBooks component does not start / does not work properly, or the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files are missing or damaged due to system abnormalities. Sometimes, antivirus errors can also be the source of this error. We recommend that you check your antivirus and firewall security settings once. When this error occurs, users may experience the following error messages on their desktop screen:
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Corruption in the Windows registry.
- Some QuickBooks desktop system files may be corrupted or damaged.
- Another program mistakenly deleted QuickBooks program files.
- Maybe your antivirus has mistakenly labeled a QuickBooks file as infected with the virus.
The suggested steps below may help you to fix the QuickBooks 80029c4a error and get you back on track in no time. The steps are very simple and must be followed in the prescribed order.
Solution 1: From update security software
Update your antivirus or security software with the latest version, add the program / component exceptions according to its user manual, and then try to open QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Restart & Register QuickBooks Services & DLL’s using Reboot.bat command
- Close the QuickBooks desktop
- Open the folder containing the reboot.bat file:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Properties.
- Click Open File Location.
- Right-click the reboot.bat file and choose Run as administrator.
- Wait until the black window disappears with the file names that scroll on your computer screen.
- Restart your computer and QuickBooks should work properly.
Solution 3: Conduct Windows Repair of QuickBooks
- First, you need to close QuickBooks and then click the Windows button.
- Now open the Control Panel >> Uninstall or change the program.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- Next, click Uninstall / Change >> Next.
- The QuickBooks installation windows will open, and then click Next.
- Now, choose the Repair radio option and click Repair.
- You must click Finish once the repair process is complete.
- Finally, restart your PC and open QuickBooks to verify that the problem is resolved.
Solution 4: Run Windows System File Checker
- First, click Start and type command in the search bar.
- Hold CTRL + Shift and press Enter.
- An authorization dialog box will prompt you, click Yes.
- You will see a black box on the screen. 12.Now you need to enter “sfc / scannow” and press Enter.
- Wait for the System File Checker to complete the search for “QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a”.
- When the process is complete, follow the on-screen prompts and error code 80029c4a will be corrected.