QuickBooks is also subject to various types of errors and QuickBooks Error 3371 is one of them. This error message appears primarily when you open your desktop screen or start your computer. The main cause of this error is that QuickBooks is unable to initialize the properties of the license.
License data can not be loaded on our computer, which prevents QuickBooks from working properly. This mainly happens if some registry files related to our QuickBooks software have been damaged or missing.
- It’s easy to understand that Ink requires storing the license information on your hard drive. It is likely that you will encounter an error code if this information, file, or license data is corrupt, damaged, or missing.
- This type of error can also occur during the process of cloning C: / drive to another new hard drive. In this case, you must delete your rights file. In addition, you must re-enter your license information to resolve this issue.
Solution 1: Register QuickBooks again
- On the keyboard, hold down Ctrl + R.
- Type the following in the text box that opens – C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ Entitlement Client \ v8• Once opened, delete the file named .ecml. To do this, right-click the file and press the Delete key. Close the window
- You should now be able to register again on QuickBooks after running the program.This solution should help you solve your problem. If you continue to face the error, go to the next step.
Solution 2: Update Windows and install the latest version
- Click Windows Start and select All Programs.
- Click Windows Update
- You should be able to see a tab called Check for Updates.
- Click on it and follow the instructions given to complete the update process.
- You will also need to reinstall QuickBooks and restart your computer.By using QuickBooks Component Repair Tool, you can also perform a clean uninstallation and installation of QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Use the QuickBooks Setup Diagnostic Tool
- The ecml file must be recreated. Here you can also correct license and registration errors
- Use this tool to repair Microsoft .NET Framework and MSXML.
- Perform a new install by clicking reinstall on QuickBooks