Quickbooks Error 502 Bad Gateway
Error 502 A bad gateway is one of the common browser errors that not only affects QuickBooks, but also has a negative impact on other web applications running on browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox. In most applications, the 502 error is due to an invalid server response, but in the case of QuickBooks, this occurs when the browser cache is full. 502 An incorrect gateway error may appear both in QuickBooks Online and in the desktop application when running the payroll or when logging in to the QuickBooks Online account. Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article to get rid of 502 Bad Gateway in QuickBooks Online App.
The only reasons why QuickBooks Online and the Online Desktop application are displaying the 502 Bad Gateway message are:
- Browser’s cache memory is full
- Intuit’s website is not added as a trusted site in the browser
- QuickBooks application’s cache memory is full
- Active Scripting is turned off in the browser’s settings
Step 1: Clear Cache and Cookies of the Browser
For Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Move your cursor to More Tools and select Clear Navigation Data.
- Make sure All Hours is selected in the Time Interval drop-down list.
- Check the browsing history, cookies and other site data, as well as the Images and cached files areas.
- Click the Clear Data button.
- For more information, see Google's article on Chrome cache removal and cookies.
- Click on the three bars at the top right and select Options.
- Click the Privacy & Security tab, and select the Cookies, Site Data, and Cached Web Content checkboxes.
- Click Erase.
- For more information, follow the article on How to clear the Firefox cache.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools option at the top and select Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click Remove.
- Select the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies checkboxes.
- Click the Delete button.
Step 2: Clear Cache from the QuickBooks Online Desktop App
- If you are using the QuickBooks Online Desktop application, open it and click Reset Application Data on the Help tab.
- Restart the application and check if error 502 Bad gateway is resolved.
Step 3: Enable Active Scripting in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the Internet icon under the Security tab.
- Select Custom Level, and then click Enable for the active script.
- Hit OK.