The QuickBooks error code C = 88 usually occurs while you are working on QuickBooks software or you authenticate data in the company file and there is a data problem. Under certain circumstances, the QuickBooks Error C = 88 error occurs repeatedly in the same program location or function and may be repeated.
To be fair, there may be many reasons why this error occurs, but in major cases, this occurs for the following reasons:
- Corrupted or corrupted data file
- Low IT or network resources
Why is it happening? Corrupted or corrupted data file
In some scenarios, QuickBooks is unable to determine what needs to be done with a corrupt or corrupted transaction. The error C = 88 will occur at the similar location and function and may also be reproduced. Common causes of corrupted / corrupted data are:
- Deluge of power or withdrawal of power
- unexpected shutdown or failure of the computer system
- Network issues
- Low resources on workstations or network
QuickBooks could not contact the data file. The computer and network resources that can cause this problem are:
- Processor clock speed and random access memory (RAM) on individual workstations and the server
- network interface cards (NICs)
- network cables
- network connection hardware (hub, switch, or router)
Intensive use in multiple workstations can result in a temporary shortage of resources.
Step 1: Delete the desktop when starting QuickBooks
- Press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Double-click the icon for your QuickBooks program.
- Hold down the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window appears.
Step 2: Delete the desktop when opening a company file
- Select the desired company file in the No Company Open window.
- Press and hold the Alt key, and select Open.
- If you are prompted for your login information, release the Alt key and enter your username and password.
- Press and hold the Alt key, and select OK. Do not release the Alt key until your file is completely open.