Quickbooks Error ID 4
In accounting, QuickBooks is considered the best accounting software adopted by many small and medium-sized businesses. Unlike other windows, the QuickBooks software also encounters errors during operations that can be resolved quickly with the proper troubleshooting instructions. One of these errors is the Event ID 4 error that occurs when the user launches (QBi) QuickBooks Integration Manager. The error message "Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Make sure it is open "is displayed to the user. Another error message stating that the user was "QuickBooks Event ID 4 - An unexpected error occurred in" QuickBooks ": QBWinInstance NULL descriptor referral" in Windows Event Viewer.
The main cause of QuickBooks Error 4 is the appearance of problems with .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 in the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. Other causes that can cause error 4 of the QuickBooks event log are:
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks file.
- System is infected by a virus or other malware.
- QuickBooks is not installed completely.
- Error in Windows registry.
- A program has erased QuickBooks files.
Method 1: Reinstall .Net Framework on Windows
- Simultaneously press the Windows keys and the letter R on your keyboard to open RunWindow.
- Type the command Appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- In the Programs and Features list, find and click Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Select Uninstall and when the uninstallation process is complete, restart your computer.
- Now, return to the Programs and Features window and, in the left pane, click Add / Remove Windows Features.
- In the list of programs, click Microsoft .Net Framework to expand it.
- Check the first and second checkboxes and select OK.
- When the installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is complete, restart Windows and open QuickBooks Integration Manager again.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Setup Diagnostic Tool from here.
- Open the downloads from your computer and double-click the QB installation diagnostic file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Exit the entire application running on Windows.
- Now run the QB installation tool and reboot your computer.
Method 3: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Before you perform this step, be sure to back up your company file.
- Download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from here.
- From Downloads, click QuickBooksCleanInstallUtility.exe.
- Click on I accept and select the version of QuickBooks you are using.
- Click Continue, and select OK.