During the process of updating QuickBooks Payroll or when opening a company file, an error message stating that QuickBooks can not read the Payroll installation files is displayed. The error message also indicates that the error is due to damage to some files in the CPS folder. Errors such as PS033 hinder routine workflow.
It is possible that QuickBooks sometimes displays some errors, but one of the most common is the QuickBooks PS033 error. A damaged file in the CPS folder is probably the main cause. Many users have reported error PS033, PS077, and PS034 after updating QuickBooks Payroll. Intuition regularly releases updates for its products. These errors become a barrier for users and can cause great anxiety. Users still do not need to panic because this error can be easily corrected.
The main reasons are listed below:
- Problems with recognizing payroll configuration files. Presence of several active paydays.
- Corrupted files in the application. Payroll initiation files are damaged.
- The payroll subscription is not active. Invalid or incorrect service key.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not registered.
- The enterprise file ID is invalid or invalid.
- Compatibility issues between QuickBooks Desktop and the version of the Windows operating system.
Solution 1: Download the latest table of payroll taxes
- Go to Employees> And click Get Payroll Updates
- Download all QuickBooks payroll updates
- Then update your payroll
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS Folder
- Locate QuickBooks files stored locally on your system
- or access C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QuickBooks 2018 \ Components \ Payroll \ CPS
- Rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD.
- Go now and update the QuickBooks payroll table
Solution 3: Disable the user account controls in your system.
Solution 4: Restart and Repair the PS033 in Safe Mode
- Restart your system in safe mode
- Open QuickBooks as an administrator
- Check and rebuild QuickBooks using the repair utility
- Update your version of QuickBooks with the latest version.
- Restart the computer safely and download the payroll updates
- Restart the system in normal mode