The error Quickbooks Error ps038 is the reference format of the error caused. This is the error code format commonly used by Windows and other Windows-compatible software and driver vendors. This code is used by the provider to identify the error caused. This Quickbooks Error Ps038 error code may include a numeric error number and a technical description. In some cases, the error may have more parameters in Quickbooks Payroll Error Ps038 format. This additional hexadecimal code corresponds to the address of the memory locations where the instruction(s) were loaded at the time of the error.
- Go to Employee> Send Payroll Data
- Try to update the software again
Method 2: Check for blocked online paychecks by following the steps below:
- Go to Edit> Search
- Select the Advanced tab
- Select the level of detail in the list
- Choose the Summarized option only
- Choose Choose Filter> Online Status.
- Select Online to send
- Run the data verification tools to obtain the information on the blocked paychecks
Method 3 : For QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and 2017
Depending on your payroll service:
- On the Employees menu, select My Payroll Service, and then Send Usage Data or
- On the Employees menu, select Send Payroll Data.
If the shipment is successful, try again to get the payroll updates. If you still receive PS038, go to step 2.
- Create a backup of the company file.
- Select Edit, then Search. Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Choose Filter section, select Level of Detail from the Filter list. On the right, select Summary only.
- In the Choose filter section, select Online Status from the Filter list. Select Online to send.
- Click the Search button to see the paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop that were not sent to Intuit.
- Record the details of the pay check (s). (You can also create a payroll summary report for the date of the transaction.) Send to Excel and save.
- Start with the first check in the list. Locate and open the pay check.
- Select the Paycheck Detail button.
- In the Review Paycheck window, in the Earnings section, add the same earnings item as the last earnings item in the list. (Example: If the last item in the list is Hourly Rate, add another compensation item called Hourly Rate in the list.)
- A Net Pay Locked message will appear. Select No to close the message.
- In the Rate field, select the new income item that you added.
- Confirm that taxes and balance have not changed and select OK to save your changes.
- If you receive a transaction message, select Yes.
- Select Save and Close to close the pay check.
- Select Yes in the transaction log warning message.
- Open the pay check again.
- Select the Payroll Details button.
- Delete the result items that you just added in the Results section.(Always make sure the Earnings section does not contain blank lines before removing or recreating paychecks.)
- Confirm that taxes and net salary have not changed and select OK, then Save and close to close the pay check.
- Repeat these steps for each paycheck in the online status results to be sent. When done, try sending the usage data again.