QuickBooks PS107 error is one of the most common problems when using QuickBooks software. This usually happens when QuickBooks indicates that an internal file has become unreadable and cancels a PS107 problem message on your system screen. The QuickBooks error occurs when downloading payroll updates. In this post, we will see how to fix QuickBooks Error PS107 in a few simple and quick steps.
Although this error may have several causes, some of which are not identifiable until you perform a full system scan, here are the most common ones:
- You may be experiencing network connectivity issues.
- This may be due to the presence of damaged files in your local files.
- Your antivirus program conflicts with the update files and prevents the installation.
- The Windows Firewall is not configured correctly for these updates.
- You have corrupted entries in your registry.
- There is a more serious problem such as a virus or malware on your system.
Step 1 - Force the program to stop.
- Open your task manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Select QuickBooks or Intuit.
- Click Finish Task / End Process at the bottom.
- Reopen QuickBooks afterwards.
Step 2- Update the payroll.
- Insert the payroll CD and select "Get Payroll Updates".
- Choose employees who currently use payroll.
- Select update.dat or update3.dat in the update disk and click "Open".
- Click "OK" in the Update Payroll window.
Step 3- Use the single-user mode.
- Go to the file.
- Select "Switch to single user mode".
- From the File menu, select 'Backup Company' and then click 'Create Local Backup'.
- In the Create Backup window, select 'Local Backup' and click the Options button.
- In the Backup Options window, select the desired location for creating the backup copy and click "OK".
- After selecting the location of your choice, carefully navigate through the rest of the options in the window and make the desired changes.
- Once you have completed the required changes in the backup settings, click "Next" in the Create Backup window.
- It is recommended to schedule future backups.
- Make sure you save the changes.
Step 4- Update your payroll tax table
- Make sure you have an active payroll subscription.
- It is recommended to update your tax table every 45 days.
- Enable the "Automatic Updates" feature in QuickBooks Desktop to automatically get the latest updates.
- Then click on 'Employees' and then select 'Get Payroll Updates'.
- Now select Download full payroll update.
- Finally, click on the update button.
- Click "OK" in the update notification to get information about the changes.
Step 5- Start your computer in selective boot mode.
- Press the Windows button and then type 'Run' to open the Run command.
- Type "msconfig" in the next window, and select OK.
- Select "Selective Start" and then "Load System Services" in the window.
- Go to the Services tab and select 'Hide all Microsoft services'.
- Select Disable All, and then clear the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
- Make sure the Windows Installer box is checked.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean installation after restarting your computer.
Step 6- Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Click on 'Update QuickBooks'.
- Click Options, and then select the Mark All button.
- Save and click 'Update Now'.
- Click Reset Update, and then click the Get Updates button.
- Close QuickBooks once the update is complete.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Run as administrator.