QuickBooks Web Connector is an application that allows qbXML and qbposXML to switch from a Web application to a QuickBooks point of sale. You may experience problems using this application, and QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC 1085 is one of them. This error is related to the QuickBooks log files. This usually happens when you try to open a company file and prevents you from writing log files. In this blog, we discussed the reasons for the QBWC1085 QuickBooks Web Connector error and the different steps to quickly fix the problem. This is essentially a log file, QBWebconnector problem. You get this error when one of the users with the latest version of QuickBooks tries to access your company file. In error QBWC 1085: You can not edit the log. The Web Connector will continue to work without the log file.
The error can come in one of two forms: "QuickBooks could not write to the log file. QB will open without writing to the log file. "OR" There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
- QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 occurs when QuickBooks can not write to the Web Connector log file.
- A damaged or inaccessible Web Connector program uses the TXT file. The error may follow the message quoted in some cases.
- The QB Web Connector attempts to obtain information about the QB desktop from a third-party Web program.
- QuickBooks Web Connector works correctly when important damaged components work properly. Disable or remove the component during startup. Be careful and do not connect the component to QuickBooks. If you connect them to the stadium, it will appear on your screen.
- These errors may have a different number after the QBWC - 1005 to 1085 alphabets that may be associated with the log file with any other irregularity of the Web Connector component or your QuickBooks desktop.
Before following the troubleshooting steps, make sure that the Web Connector program is enabled in the list of autostart programs and runs in the background. Follow the steps below to enable the Web Connector.
- Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard and type msconfig in the Run window.
- Click OK and click the Startup tab.
- Now, find and check the QuickBooks Web Connector program in the list.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Restart Windows.
- After rebooting, Windows follows the next troubleshooting step
Rename QWCLOG.TXT File
- Click right on the small QuickBooks Web Connector icon on the taskbar and select Exit.
- Open the Windows File Manager and navigate to the C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ QBWebConnector \ log folder.
- Right-click the QWCLOG.TXT file and select Rename.
- Rename it to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save it.
- Now, restart the Connector Web application.
- Restart your computer and open QuickBooks again.
- Try using an online application that you have integrated with QuickBooks