Quicken Error OL-221-A
Quicken Error OL-221-a Error messages appear during the program installation process and can be very annoying. This error usually occurs when software running a program when you shut down or start Windows, or when you install your Windows operating systems. But in this article you will discover how you can solve this annoying error code from Quicken OL 221-a.
This error code indicates that you have problems connecting your Quicken software to the Internet. This error can also occur when your bank server is unavailable or down. When the connection between the bank's servers and the Quicken software stops for unknown reasons, this error message appears. This interrupts the servers of the bank of the transaction update. You can wait a few minutes and try to reconnect. But if the problem persists, follow the instructions written below.
- Error OL-221-A appears on the screen.
- Your computer freezes with “Error OL-221-A” while running the same program.
- Your PC freezes periodically.
- Error OL-221-A shows up and the system crash with the running application.
- Download the interrupted Quicken application and incomplete foundations.
- The corrupted Windows registry of relevant software being Quicken varies.
- Corrupt data records, virus and malware attacks.
- Quicken software works with foundations.
- Quicken's documents are contaminated and damaged.
Step 1: Update the Financial Institution
- First, open Quicken and go to Tools.
- Research the summary of the one-step update and look for the financial institution facing the Quicken OL-221-A error.
- Next, go to the account register.
- Now, click the Account Actions option in the right corner.
- Finally, click Update Now.
Step 2: Disable the antivirus and firewall
Enable the firewall and antivirus when "Quicken Error OL-221-A" is resolved.
Step 3: Update your financial institution details
- First, go to the Tools menu and open Online Center.
- Choose the financial institution you want to update.
- Press and hold down the CTRL key.
- Press F3 now.
- Choose the financial institution you are working on.
- Next, the update and status will be presented as "requiring an update".
- Click Ok then Update / Send
- You must enter your password and click Update Now.
Step 4: Clean installation of Quicken.
- Press the Windows button.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Navigate to Quicken in the list.
- Click the Uninstall / Change tab at the top of your screen.
- Carefully follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the program completely.
- Reinstall the software from the website.
- Restart your system to make sure everything is working properly.
- First, you need to press the Windows button and go to Programs and Features.
- Find Quicken in the list and click the Uninstall / Change tab.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
- Next, reinstall Quicken.
- Finally, restart your system and see if the Quicken OL-221-A error is corrected.