Quicken For Mac
If the file doesn't open automatically, from your installation disk drag the Quicken icon into your Applications folder or search for it on your computer and double-click on the file. If you double-click on the download and do not open anything, restart your system and try again.
When installing the 2018 Release of Quicken, you simply need to double-click the icon that appears in the install prompt:
- If prompted, enter the admin's account name and password.
- To launch the program double-click the Quicken icon in your Applications folder.
- Insert the Quicken CD into your CD drive.
- Double-click the Installer file, which can be found by opening your CD folder or in your default download location. If you double-click the file and nothing opens, restart your system and try again.
- Click Continue in the Welcome window.
- Now, Click Accept to the Software License Agreement.
- Then, Click on Install to install Quicken to the location shown. To install Quicken in a different location, choose the location, and then click Install.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- If the Quicken program prompts you to restart the computer, click Restart. Otherwise, click Quit.
Get on track. Stay on track.
- Import all your checking and credit card bank transactions safely and automatically
- See where your money is going – your transactions are automatically categorized
- Stay on top of your spending. Create a budget and manage your bills
Take the next step to your financial goals
Includes everything in Starter, plus:
- Import your loan, investment and retirement account transactions
- Plan for the future you have in mind
- Create a plan to pay off debt or save for the future
Maximize your investments
Includes everything in Deluxe, plus:
- See how your investments are performing with informed buy/sell decisions
- See realized and unrealized gains and continuously updated quotes
- Helps minimize taxes on investments
Uninstall Quicken for Mac
- Locate Quicken in your Applications folder.
- Drag the Quicken icon into the Trash.
- If you are having trouble in installing, try restarting your Mac and then try to install again.
- If it appears that Quicken does not open after the installation is complete, then it may be that the Quicken window is hidden. Right-click on the Quicken icon in the dock and select Show all windows. If the Quicken window appears, click it to bring it to the forefront.
- Click the Quicken menu > Check for Updates…
- If available, you will get the latest release and a dialogue box with following options
Skip This Version – This is not recommended. The software update contains important fixes and enhancements that may impact you.
Remind Me Later – If you select this option, you will be reminded to update to the latest release of the software next time you open it.
Install Update – This will install the latest update.
- To automatically download and install the latest updates for future, you can check the box on these options, so that you do not need to check whether updates are available or not. They will be installed on their own
- If no available updates are available, you will be presented with a window that says you are already up-to-date
- Check out the Quicken Updates to learn what’s in the latest update, to see what version you’re running, or get troubleshooting information in case you run into a problem with the update.
- More choices for Mac, including Quicken Starter, Deluxe, and Premier
- Access to 11,000+ online billers, bill PDF downloads
- Get the latest features without having to upgrade
- 5GB of secure online backup for your Quicken files with Dropbox
- Customizable investment portfolio view with IRR & ROI (Deluxe and above)
- Investment lot tracking (Deluxe and above)
- What-if analysis on loans with ability to vary payment scenarios (Deluxe and above)
- Pay your bills in Quicken for free with Quicken Bill Pay (Premier only)
- Priority access to Quicken phone support (Premier only)