Trend Micro Removal Tool
You are having issues removing Trend Micro Security from your computer. This can be done if the previously installed Trend is a residual of Micro Security software. To solve the problem, remove any remaining Trend Micro files from the affected computer running Trend Micro File Remover Tool. The Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool removes all remnant Trend Micro files and also fix permissions issues.
Run the Uninstall Tool to remove the remnants of your previous installation. Do the following:
- Download the Uninstall Tool
- Double-click Ti_120_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0001.exe to run the tool.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
- Read the License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the Hotfix to finish the installation, then click OK.
- Click Uninstall Software.
- Enter the captcha characters, then click Continue.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
After your computer restarts, your Trend Micro Security will be successfully removed.
If the Trend Micro Security software remains installed after restarting the computer, proceed to Uninstalling Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit.
To uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit, do the following:
- Download SupportTool.zip
- Right-click SupportTool.zip, then select Extract here. After extraction is complete. A new file named SupportTool.bat should appear.
- Right-click SupportTool.bat, then select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
- Click Uninstall Software. You may disregard the Windows notification saying to use the Control Panel to remove the program. Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will remove all Trend Micro related files from your computer which the Control Panel might have missed.
- Click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstallation.
- Copy your serial number.
- Tick I copied my serial number, then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when asked to restart your computer.