Remove Printer Drivers
When you try to manually remove and move a printer driver and / or its driver package from Windows operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, in Print Management, Peripherals and printers or printers and scanners in the driver deletion and removal process may fail with one of the following error messages:
Failed to delete <Printer Name> driver. The specified printer driver is currently used.
Failed to remove <driver.inf> package. The driver package is used.
Method 1: Uninstall a Mac OS Fiery Driver
The Mac OS Fiery Driver can be uninstalled with the Fiery Software Uninstaller utility. The Fiery Software Uninstaller utility must be installed on the Mac OS client computer.
- Open the Applications folder and double-click the Fiery Software Uninstaller icon.
- Click the Printers tab if it is not already selected.
- Select a printer from the Installed Printers list.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Remove Printer and Driver to remove the printer and its driver files. If you want to delete the printer and the associated printer driver files, you can only select one printer at a time.
- Click Delete Printer to remove the printer from the Installed Printers Only list, while leaving the printer driver files installed. The utility can only remove printers that are not in use or are open on the Dock. Note: If multiple printers use the same printer driver file, deleting this file also deletes all printers that use this driver.
- To confirm that you want to delete the printer, type the password for your Mac OS computer in the dialog box, and then click OK.
- Click the Drivers tab to display the installed printer drivers.
- Close the Fiery Software Uninstaller dialog box.
Method 2 : Removing the printer using settings
To remove a printer from Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open the settings.
- Click Devices.
- Click Printers and Scanners.
- In the "Printers and Scanners" section, select the printer you want to delete.
- Click the Remove Device button.Remove the printer from Windows 10
- Click the Yes button.
Method 3 : Removing the Printer Driver Using Print Management
To delete a printer driver, follow these steps:
- Open Start.
- Locate Control Panel and click on the first result to open the experiment.
- Click System and Security.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click the Print Management option.
- Expand the Custom Filters branch.
- Click All Drivers.
- Right-click the driver on the right and select the Delete option.Remove the printer driver by using Print Management
- Click the Yes button.