Ricoh Error Code Sc899
When printing certain documents from the Acrobat Reader or Internet Explorer, users sometimes receive the Sc899 error. This is one of the major mistakes we often encounter when printing on Ricoh printers. The error is generated because of large print jobs or the TrueType font. Ricoh printers are very advanced and sit with the latest technology. Sometimes, a printer often gives few error codes when the computer instructs the device to print the job. One of these SC899 error codes, most Ricoh printer users reported receiving this error code. This particular Ricoh Error Code Sc899 only occurs when printing jobs from specific versions of Internet Explorer or from the specific version of the Adobe Reader browser plug-in.
Method 1: - Unplug the network cable from the Ricoh printer.
- First, disconnect the network cable from the printer.
- Now enter service mode by pressing the button, in order, [Reset], , , , [Erase] while holding down the [Erase] button until the "SP" menu appears. In fact, you can enter service mode even when the error message SC899-00 is displayed.
- Press the "System SP" button.
- Go to the new menu. expand the section labeled "SP-5XXX".
- Next, scroll down and "5801 -> Clear Memory" and expand this section.
- Click on subsection 8 entitled "Printer Application" and then press the "Run" button on the right side of the screen to clear the printer's memory.
- Then a confirmation message will be displayed; then press the "Run" button on this message to continue.
- Make sure you do not choose subsection 1, titled "Clear All," and then click the "Run" button.
- The printer will ask you to turn off to complete the process.
- Then restart the printer and the error message will be deleted.
- Next, print the job from the original work computer before reconnecting the printer to the network.
- Check that the error is resolved. if not, go to the next step.
Method 2: - Disable Ricoh Printer
- You must try turning off the printer by following these steps to resolve the problem.
- Turn off your Ricoh printer, and then unplug it from the outlet.
- Then, properly disconnect your Ricoh printer from the computer, and then reconnect it via a USB connection.
- Then restart your computer.
- Then reconnect your Ricoh printer and try turning it on again. Now, check that the printer Sc899 Ricoh Error appears, if so, go to the next step.
Method 3: - Install the new version of Adobe Acrobat "Add-on / Plug-in
The Ricoh printer often struggles to print PDF files from Google Apps in Microsoft Windows with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome with the Adobe Acrobat browser add-on. The problem may appear because of the old incorrect version of the Adobe Acrobat add-on / plug-in, and when you print a PDF file, the result of it in a printer error code SC899. The best solution is to install the new version of the "Adobe Acrobat" add-on / plug-in and other Adobe products on your computer for fast work and instant print jobs.