If you are a printer end user, you may encounter a printer problem in an error state. If you fall on one, an error message will appear on your system informing that your printer “remains in error state”. You have just installed or upgraded to Windows 10 and your printer connected via a parallel port refuses to work giving an error message stating the printer is in an error state.
Method 1: Check the printer connection link with the power supply
You need to check if the link between the printer and the computer system is working properly or not. To find out, let’s take a few simple steps.
- Start by turning on the printer and leave it there for a while. Then unplug the power line and wall outlet for about 1 minute.
- After reconnecting the power cable and wall outlet, make sure the printer is fully powered.
- Make sure you do not use a power bar or surge protector to connect the Ricoh printer.
- The cables you use must also be free of any type of fault or breakage.
Method 2: Restart the printer The best way to solve this printer problem is to restart the printer
The steps for restarting are shown below:
- In the first step, turn off the computer and the printer and leave them for a few minutes.
- Then turn on both devices and check whether the problem persists or not.
Method 3: Update / Reinstall the Printer Driver
You can correct the error by updating the printer driver, which will not only help you solve the problem, but will also reduce the chance of damage and add some security features. An incompatibility in a corrupted installed drive often increases the risk of error of your printer. The following are the steps for reinstalling and updating the printer drivers:
- First, uninstall the printer driver, and then reinstall it. Now, open it and scan the drive to check for any corrupted issues or the chance of updates required.
- Finally, click the update button to successfully update the latest printer driver.
Method 4: Update the BIOS
Updating the BIOS is also a good option because it will remove the bug and reduce the chance that this problem will occur in the future.